Is it wrong to want your step kids to want to go live with their mom for a little while?

I have two step sons, 9 & 11, that are very honnery, always getting into trouble, back talking, we have to ask them to do or not to do something sometimes 5 or 6 six times, their very disrespectful not only to us but even their teachers etc. We do dicipline them, we spank, we ground, we take away things, we have done everything and nothing seems to be working. We have a 2 yr old together and I see my two step sons behavior rubbing off on him already. I feel like I need a break, I feel like their mom should step in and see what /if she can make them see they have to behave. Is that wrong? I'm not saying send them away forever, just for a while a few months or maybe even one school year to see if time with their mom might help them in some way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• Honestly maybe that's what they need. I know I love and need my mom she is my hero for sure! I don't see it doing any harm really. Hope everything gets better for you, take it easy and God Bless
    jpage

Answer by jpage at 1:05 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• It could be that they are acting out this way b/c they want/need their mother. On one hand, I want to say that's not the solution, b/c most of the time, sending kids away b/c they aren't behaving isn't an option. But, at the same time, it is an option, it could be what they need, and it could do good things for your relationship with them. Have you talked to them about it? I realize they are kids, but see what they say. It might be they want to go, but are afraid to say so, and instead are acting out, hoping that you guys will get fed up and send them. Also, talk to their mother. Even though they don't live with her, I would assume she has visitation, and she may have some insight you don't, if they've said something to her. Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 1:22 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Sounds like you may need a break! you dont need your son picking up their bad habits. Maybe a break will be good for all involved! Just my opinion~
    Aleciawalton

Answer by Aleciawalton at 2:23 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• No ur not wrong 4 feeling this way. It could b that they have some resentment toward all of u (u, ur husband, their mother & the child u have 2gether) 4 whatever reason. U might try family counseling bc it affects the family unit as a whole. Hope this helps!!!
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 5:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2008