Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sick Baby and Pedi is not doing everything she can IMO

Since the day my daughter Liza was born she has been making an awful noise when she breaths. Over the past 2 weeks her chest has been caving in with every breath she takes. SHE IS ALMOST 8 WEEKS!!! Last night her Angle Monitor went off, and it only goes off if there is no movement in her co-sleeper, meaning she had stopped breathing for 15 sec. AS soon as it went off I scoped her up and she took a big loud breath and went right back to sleep... Yesterday as she was cooing her face was getting SO VERY red and her eyes were watering. She is having such a hard time!

She went and was tested for CF and the test came back negative, THANK THE LORD!!! But now we have to wait until the 28th of SEPTEMBER!!! To see a pulmonary specialist...

What should we do? We are so worried for our little girl!!

Answer Question

Asked by ashley_hatty at 7:26 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 8 (210 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • do you have a childrens hospital near you? if not locate one and take her there if possible... actually make it possible. hopefully she'll be ok and its not a problem that can't be addressed.

    Answer by Aasiyah at 7:37 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

  • oh and maybe try to get your pedi to make the appt STAT... so that they can move up the appt.

    Answer by Aasiyah at 7:37 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

  • you are your child's best advocate. if you are not happy with the speed and quality of care then push harder for more or find a new dr

    Answer by sati769leigh at 7:46 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

  • Take her back to the Pedi or take her to the ER in a Childrens hospital when she is showing signs of distress. They will admit her and have a specialist look at her there. You might be able to find a different specialist who can see her sooner. I'd call your Pedi for sure and voice your concerns every day she doesn't admit her to a hospital if you don't want to take her to an ER.
    It's good that you have a monitor on her though.

    Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:49 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

  • I would take her to a different doc and NEVER be afraid to take her to the er if you feel she is having to hard of a time. it is not worth the risk!!! hope it all works out for her!

    Answer by rileymommy at 10:20 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

  • In this case, I wouldn't wait. I would bring her to her primary TODAY and if they won't do anything then i would bring her to the ER. Tell them about the monitor alarming... she has apnea along with retractions, it's NOT okay, then need to look into it more. I would want them to admit her to the hospital and check it out more... she should have a sleep study done to check for apnea and her oxygen saturation's.

    Answer by AmiJanell at 11:17 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

  • At sinking of chest, discoloration or labored breathing 911!!!!

    Answer by salexander at 11:39 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

  • Continue calling the specialist, even every day, to check for cancellations. Look into finding another specialist in the area. Also, consider changing pedis.

    Answer by Krysta622 at 1:13 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.