Sick Baby and Pedi is not doing everything she can IMO

Since the day my daughter Liza was born she has been making an awful noise when she breaths. Over the past 2 weeks her chest has been caving in with every breath she takes. SHE IS ALMOST 8 WEEKS!!! Last night her Angle Monitor went off, and it only goes off if there is no movement in her co-sleeper, meaning she had stopped breathing for 15 sec. AS soon as it went off I scoped her up and she took a big loud breath and went right back to sleep... Yesterday as she was cooing her face was getting SO VERY red and her eyes were watering. She is having such a hard time!

She went and was tested for CF and the test came back negative, THANK THE LORD!!! But now we have to wait until the 28th of SEPTEMBER!!! To see a pulmonary specialist...

What should we do? We are so worried for our little girl!!

ashley_hatty

Asked by ashley_hatty at 7:27 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Kids' Health

• take her to the hospital, they should run some test their.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 7:30 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• If her monitor went off I would take her to the ER.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 7:35 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Take her to the ER.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 7:47 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Off to the ER you go!
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 7:48 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• If you don't think the pedi is doing everything he/she could be doing, seek another Dr and/or go to the ER as suggested. Hope your baby is well.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:05 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Do you think it could be asthma? I was tested for CF 3 times as a baby (they kept saying maybe something was wrong with the test) it turned out I had asthma. I hope you get answers soon, I know waiting is hard! It's ridiculous how long you have to wait sometimes. I know it's so much less scary it hardly even compares, but I need to have my 6 month old's eyes checked and they can't get me in until the middle of November. My older son went from normal looking to severely crosseyed in a week when he was 1 1/2 and it was the same, they couldn't get me in for 2 months. I didn't know if he had a brain tumor, or was going to go blind or what.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 8:09 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Ask that she be checked for lingual tracheal malaysia. It's when the trachea collapses when she breathes or swallows. They usually outgrow it. It could also be an allergic reaction something
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:51 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• are you breast feeding? if not, have you tried switching to a soy formula? like mybella, i was thinking asthma. dairy allergy can manifest itself as asthma.
    what about respiratory infections, like bronchitis, pneumonia, or what is it, rv...rsv?
    good luck mama!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:53 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I'd go to a different dr, call the lung dr and see if you could take a cancellation appt, and go to the ER anytime you feel she's in distress. Not being able to breathe is an awful thing.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 9:32 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• To the hospital with you, and find another doc STAT.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:23 AM on Aug. 16, 2010