IUD in and feeling kicking! adult content

Anyone else feel a baby kicking and not be pregnant.

My tummy has been getting bigger, but I'm not gaining weight (I'm trying to lose actually, and working out daily and eating right).

Also, I take tests and their all negative.

I've had really weird periods (black blood, and short).

I have an IUD in, and had an appointment about two months ago that said my pap smear came back normal and he felt everything and said it was fine.

I did not have a blood preggo test taken.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:33 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's called empty womb syndrome. Lot's of women get these all the time. It's actually muscle spasms from your body still recooperating from previous children. Some women get it well into old age.
    DeegansMomma08

Answer by DeegansMomma08 at 2:24 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I have an IUD in too and yes - I sometimes feel palpitations...I spot, my stomach always feels bloated. I am going to have mine taken out as soon as my husband gets to the doctor!!
    romanojm

Answer by romanojm at 7:37 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• It is usually just gas passing through - it still happens to me sometimes and I do not have an IUD or take BC pills.
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 7:59 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Ah yes, "phantom kicks".
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 8:19 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I have an IUD and I feel the same way. But, my OB/GYN says just to call if I want a blood pregnancy test and they sent it to any lab. If you aren't sure its always better to know one way or another. And don't forget if you do get pregnant on an IUD it can be life threatening.
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 9:34 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• It's likely just gas, but I'd check.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:21 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I get those "kicks" too. They're just gas. It's pretty normal. If you were pregnant enough to have kicks, a test would confirm it by now.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:17 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I get the phantom kicks between pregnancies. But I know that I would know from the other signs and symptoms of pregnancy if I were pregnant besides the kicks.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:22 PM on Aug. 16, 2010