Allah is/is not the God of the Bible

Before anyone says it- this is not to stir up hate of Muslims. People questions whether Allah is the same God that is the Bible and I think it deserves intelligent, ADULT debate.

What do you think about this topic and why? Try to please provide factual/historical/archeological Biblical reasons and not just 'opinions'. Thank you...

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 7:33 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I think ideally they are supposed to be one in the same...but the message and interpretations between the bible and the Koran are entirely different.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 4:50 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• The word Allah means god in a different language. It literally translates "god". Whether or not it's the same god as the Bible's "god" is purely up to opinion.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:37 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I believe so, yes. They follow Abraham and the prophets. They claim to be from Ishmael's line of decent, rather than Isaac's. But they do recognize the prophets, and follow the God of Abraham. They may have slightly different takes on the events in the Bible, but they still recognize them. The story of the Garden of Eve, of Moses - they are in the Quran, as well as mentions of David and many others.

And, if I remember correctly, they also believe that Jesus was born of a virgin, and is messiah; are waiting for the second coming, believe in the Day of Judgment - they just reject the idea that he was divine (as in God or literally "son of God") or that he died for our sins.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:00 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I've noticed, as a Christian, most "Christians" worship the Bible, instead of the deity IN the Bible. They claim to be Christians yet act anything but Christ-like.
    I do believe Allah and the Christian God are the same, and i think Christians need to get their nose out of a book and start practicing what said book preaches to them
    Aslen

Answer by Aslen at 10:03 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• YES, he is. Both Islam and Christianity have a common ancestor - Judaism. It's how they grew out of those original beliefs which is different, and Allah or YHWH or Jehovah... Whatever you choose to call him - it's all the same God.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:11 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Yahweh = "God" = Allah = the god of Abraham.

all one in the same
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:15 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• It all depends on who you are talking to. Some Christians believe God/Allah and Jesus are one and the same, Muslims believe Jesus to be a Prophet and Messenger from God/Allah and are NOT one and the same. The Christians who do not believe Jesus to be God/Allah would agree that God/Allah is the same in the Bible and the Quran.

Note: Arabic speaking Christians pray to Allah since Allah translated into English is God.

momentofpeace

Answer by momentofpeace at 7:55 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Either the God of the NT is the same as Allah or they are both different from the God of the OT. All 3 stem from the same book (Judaism, Christianity, and Islam). That's why they are separate from all other religions and grouped together as the Abrahamic ones.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:30 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• The Quran says this...And believe in what I have sent down (this Qur'ân), confirming that which is with you, [the Taurât (torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)], and be not the first to disbelieve therein, and buy not with My Verses [the Taurât (torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)] a small price (i.e. getting a small gain by selling My Verses), and fear Me and Me Alone. (Tafsir At-Tabarî, Vol. I, Page 253). (Al-Baqarah 2:41)
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 7:42 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• And who believe in (the Qur'ân and the Sunnah) which has been sent down (revealed) to you (Muhammad Peace be upon him ) and in [the Taurât (torah) and the Injeel (Gospel), etc.] which were sent down before you and they believe with certainty in the Hereafter. (Resurrection, recompense of their good and bad deeds, Paradise and Hell, etc.). (Al-Baqarah 2:4)
    Aasiyah