anyones kid not like school so far?

my son just started kindergarten and he says he doesnt like it and that it is boring. he said all they do is make him color. last week was the first week so i'm hoping everyone just needed to get adjusted to everything...i really want him to like being in school. He loved preschool last year and i think he is missing that class. his preschool teacher was so much fun and they had a nice routine where they had circle time, play, snack, checked the weather, calender, they sang, they just did so much... he says they don't do any of these things in kindergarten. and he is also upset they don't get treasure box on friday for good behaviour. He begged to stay home with me today. What can i do..i told him he will like it better that everyone just needed to get settled in the first week..but what if he continues to not like it?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 7:44 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• LOL - My daughter has loved school since day 1. She has had perfect attendance sicne Kindergarten and is now going into 8th Grade!
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 7:46 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I'm not a whole lot of help either, I have a kindergarten age son, but I'm homeschooling. I would give it time and ask him to give it time too. Could you do your own treasurebox on Fridays? I don't know how much he is not wanting to go, but if he's fighting it maybe he could get his treasure if he goes to school without a fight every morning..
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 8:02 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• thats a good idea..thanks mybella
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 8:12 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My oldest 2 love school, but my 6 year old hates it! School starts Thursday and he is already on the whiny side about it.
    KamiB79

Answer by KamiB79 at 8:26 AM on Aug. 16, 2010