A question for Canadian/Ontario mamas!

With my daughter, I took some pregnancy leave, as well as maternity leave but just didn't return to work after the 50 weeks.
Anyway, when our next child comes, can my husband still take afew weeks parental leave, even though I am not working? He returned to work afew days after DD was born, but wants to spend some more time at home after our 2nd while we adjust.
I don't really see why not, but I just wasn't sure if there was some sort of rule regarding that?
Thanks :)

BambiF

Asked by BambiF at 8:10 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• If your husband has access to parental leave, what you do has nothing at all to do with it... each baby brings its own benefits
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 10:18 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Yes he still can - you can divide up Mat leave any way you want, it doesn't matter that you are not working
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 11:44 AM on Aug. 19, 2010