Craiglist Killer Kills Self. What a Shame, or Not?

I guess that really is a difference of being the Mother of the girl he killed or his Mother. His is devasted, hers is mad, she has no closure to her daughter's death. Having a DD die, I know the trial would have been a satisfaction, but there is never closure. We work thru it, but we don't close it, it's a word that just should not be said to a person w/a deceased child. He killed himself on what would have been his 1st Wedding Anniv. date, he ruined so many lives, and now has put even more pain into his family. How do you see this incident? Me, I think he was a sick coward, who couldn't handle his own pain in jail, but didn't think of all the pain he caused everyone else.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 8:14 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree with the "two sides" to this. Two families have been destroyed. You may not have compassion for the person who committed the crime, but his family...........they lost their son. They also have to endure the lack of compassion felt for the family of the offender. It is almost like society thinks they deserve to suffer. That is not always true. All families aren't horrible units which make these people. Most parents don't want their kids to grow up to be monsters. They feel the loss just like the victim's family, but they aren't allowed to show that grief. I don't have much compassion for the guy, but I feel for his family just like the family of the victim.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:24 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Not.
    If he was guilty, then I appreciate him removing himself from society and sparing the taxpayers the expense of a trial and the appeals that would have inevitably followed had he been found guilty. I wish more violent criminals would clean up after themselves this way.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:19 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Oh, I agree, vicesix. It don't want to have to foot the bill for this guy to be in prison for life. I have no compassion for him at all. I think he took the coward way out. He didn't go to trial and have to stand up and admit what he had done. But, his family........right or wrong, he was their child, grandchild, nephew, brother.............who they loved probably even through all this. It is such a strange circle to talk around.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:49 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Easy way out for him. Even so, at least we don't have to pay to keep his ass in prison.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:54 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I feel for both moms in this situation. I have thankfully never had to experience the loss of a child. His mom must be so hurt. On the other hand, if someone took my child away from me I would not be satisfied if they then took their own life. That to me sounds like a big F U. I would be pissed.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 9:43 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• sounds like he was a very very mentally ill person
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:19 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• what a shame........not. good for him..he doesnt need to take up breathing space
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:22 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I agree with vicesix... mentally ill or not, my tax dollars aren't going to some lowlife crazy who wouldn't have received help any matter in jail and who would never be realeased back into society... even if he did he would probably do it again. I would love my child for being my child no matter what they do in life, but if they did something such as this I could NOT love or respect what they had become. Nor could I condone their actions and beg for their mercy. If you are so effing crazy that you cannot help but kill, then someone should have seen it coming in time to save you before your actions run amuck. Using the sad "but they're mentally challenged" plea doesn't work for me. Sorry.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 8:28 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• jesse, I feel sorry for his family as well, but that doesn't trump my feelings of relief when a violent killer is punished to the fullest extent of the law, even if it's by his own hand.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:31 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Not sad for him so much, but sad for the victim's family(s). I hope they are able to find some sort of closure.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:21 AM on Aug. 16, 2010