Why do women get a bad rap as drivers?

I think everyone should be judged based on their ability to actually drive.

This morning a guy almost rear ended me, laid on his horn like it was my fault when he was speeding and talking on his phone and wasn't paying attention to the bumper he was comin gup on. He came within maybe less than a foot of hitting me.
He then preceeded to bounce around me and almost rear end the person in front of me/him. He laid on his horn again!
Then he jumps into the other lane, speeds up on those peoples bumpers, zig zaggs in and out o ftraffic all down the road and almost rear ended a few people, laying on his horn all the way.

GIVE ME A BREAK! This was in a congested area and a SCHOOL ZONE!

So, again... tell me WHY women get the bad rap as drivers? Men AND women drive like maniacs at times!

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 8:22 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Travel

• Honestly, I think it is just like a lot of other stereotypes out there. I think the basis probably comes from women driving and being distracted. I mean, let's see a man drive anywhere with one kid screaming in the back seat, another screaming at them to quit screaming, with Cheerios and sippy cups flying everywhere, and keep a smile on all at the same time, lol!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 8:31 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• because some women are more into themselves than the road...have you never been driving and seen a woman applying makeup??
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:24 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• when you find out I would like to know LOL
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 8:24 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I think people or some men have looked at women as the weaker sex, or below them in some respects, not all men but some. I hear my S/O say," oh --- it must be a woman." Then we get up there and I'll say " Oh, look it's a man , it's not ALWAYS, a woman" just because we're women. " To me just shows their ignorance towards women drivers and I really can't figure it out, as a matter of fact, next remark from my S/O I intend to ask him. Let's face it, there are women out there who are better drviers and are also smarter than some men.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 8:28 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• in my experience they are....just saying
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:29 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Women are less likely to pay attention and to try to be doing other things while they drive. Although some men are just as bad, I think women are more scatter brained than most men.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:44 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Unfortunately, every time I encounter an idiot driver... it's ALWAYS a woman.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 8:44 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I see more bad women drivers than men. I know some men can't drive either but I see most of the probem in women. They are trying to do toomuch while driving.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 9:11 AM on Aug. 16, 2010