Anyone's child take Concerta?

The doctor wants to switch my son to it and I am looing for any information I can get.

KamiB79

Asked by KamiB79 at 8:28 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Kids' Health

• My son is on Concerta and it works great. The least amount of side affects. He was on Vyvanse for 2 years and it worked for those 2 years and then he had issues with depression so we switched back to Concerta and no issues. He eats ALL the time. He is 14.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:13 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• my son took straterra too and at the time it was a miracle for us. as with all of these types of meds just be sure they check his liver function regularly.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:01 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• As my twin boys outgrew Rittalin, the doctor put them on Concerta. It was like they were on nothing at all. It did not work for them. So, the doctor put them on Strattera, which worked great till they outgrew that. They are now on Vyvanse, which is more geared towards adults. But, they are 18, so it stands to reason. Vyvanse is working VERY well for them now.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 9:27 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• It is the same as Ritalin only in an extended release. Also more expensive. If you can handle giving the meds more than one time a day, I would opt for Ritalin
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:31 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My brother was on Concerta for years before going into the Army, he was so skinny, and he ate more than you could imagine. But I'm positive that's the only thing that really worked for him. My husband was on Vyvanse for about a year, after ridding himself of it he confessed that yeah, it made him focus, but it felt like he was on speed all day regardless of the dose. Then he came across an article that was talking about how all these new ADD/ADHD meds are the result of patents expiring on Ritalin, so they give it a new name and change how it's released into your body. I'm not positive that's how it really is though.
    bianchi01

Answer by bianchi01 at 3:49 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• i don't but here's a bump.
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:10 PM on Aug. 30, 2010