Have you ever met someone who just seems to good to be true?

I met a guy last week who is decent and honest. He's a hard worker even though he's only working at papa gino's right now. He's training to be a manager though so at least he's moving up. He's my age and isn't in debt at all and he understands the value of money. He treats me with so much respect and when he took me out to eat he paid. He walks me to my car. He hasn't tried to do anything other than kiss me and wants to take things slow and get to know me. He doesn't have any shady past that I know of and has a decent family. He doesn't do drugs or smoke, he doesn't get too drunk and use it as an excuse to do things. Maybe I've just been meeting all the assholes, but he just seems too good to be true and I feel like I dreamed him to life. I'm comfortable around him and feel like i know him even though we just met. Has anyone else ever experienced this?

yezay

Asked by yezay at 8:32 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• my husband. i had a hard time trusting him at first because it was exactly that...it seemed "to good to be true"..it was true though. Don't let your guard down to quick..get to know this guy and maybe he will be the one =)
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:34 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I say ride it out see where it takes you having a good person to date is a god thing.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:35 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My DH was too good to be true as well, we'll be married 6 years this week. :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:35 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I think I'm just afraid of getting hurt again, he wants to be friends first which i think is a good thing, I'm just not used it lol.
    yezay

Comment by yezay (original poster) at 8:36 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• sorry good thing. Take your time get to know him and just think about dating if the rest of it happens good for you but just have a good time right now getting to know each other.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:36 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• There are guys like this out there, but you've only known this one a week, so don't be too taken in too quickly. Anybody can tell you anything, and it's really easy to put on a show for a little while. If you really want to know what he's after, tell him you've decided to have no sex until you are a married woman. That separates the men from the boys in a big hurry!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:38 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• i will tell you...some guys DO use this line just to get in the panties..so don't fall for it. Stand your ground and don't try to fall "head over heals for him just cuz he is using the "i just want to be friends" line. you should just be friends and see if he sticks around. Have some innocent fun and really get to know him.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:38 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• prepare for the worst and hope for the best. he is on his best behaviour right now. at some point in the future you might find out he has some type of hidden past or secret. just be catious for your own sake
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:41 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Thankfully he's a friend of a friend which i found out after and she vouched that he really is a stand up guy. He's the one that wants to hold of on anything more than kissing because he takes it really seriously. I haven't taken it seriously in the past because I was around people who didn't but since I met him I'm seeing the importance of waiting.
    yezay

Comment by yezay (original poster) at 8:44 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My husband. Our first date, he kissed my hand. I told him he was too nice. We went to the movies. I shivered trying to get an arm around me. Instead he tucked his jacket around me.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:46 AM on Aug. 16, 2010