Very bad....

I took my 11 month old daughter to the beach this weekend and I think the sand that got into her suit irritated her & caused her to get a really bad diaper rash. It's really red today....she's ne ver had a diaper rash before. What diaper rash cream is the best?

mandi0986

Asked by mandi0986 at 8:36 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Desitin extra creamy is the best ready made cream. If it's really bad, mix aquafor cream and maalox (equal parts) together.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:37 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Balmex! It works in about a day or less!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 8:37 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I always used Butt Paste. I tried the others and they didn't help. Not all creams will work for each child. It's trial and error to find what will work. I would try yogurt first. It will calm and balance out the PH of her body and it's a good one for any child.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:39 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My oldest used to get really bad diaper rash. The only thing that helped him was Aveeno diaper rash cream. My youngest seemed to respond to anything. Try things until you find what works.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:53 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• You should get a rash guard swim suit, they work wonders :)
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 8:58 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I used desitin.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 8:59 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I would mix up an equal mix of desitin, lotramin, and hydrocortizone in a resealable container for the really bad diaper rashes. It was a pharmacist recommendation. For normal every day diaper rash though, I usually used boudreaux's butt paste or desitin. Dd's 4 now, so we haven't had to use diaper cream in a while.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:06 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I like the lansinoh diaper rash cream
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 9:08 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• desitin works in our house but my oldest has eczema so he has to be prescribed a special creame.. ask ur doc =]
    Mrs_Chris_Pukt

Answer by Mrs_Chris_Pukt at 9:47 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My son had to use Resinol. All those others wouldn't work.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:55 AM on Aug. 16, 2010