What is the normal age?

okay what is the normal age for a child to ask the horror q where do baby's come from? my daughter is 7 she'll be 8 in dec. and she know that babys come from "mommy's tummys" but she hasn't asked the big Q.

RaeTy

Asked by RaeTy at 8:37 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Our DD is 12.5 and she never asked that question. I finally had to bring up the subject with her at age 10.
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 8:39 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Oh my daughter asked me at the age of 4!

I explained it as best I could without getting graphic and she just said, "Okay!" and went along her way! Lol. I tried the "from mommies tummy" answer and she said, "I KNOW that part... but how do they get in there?" I was moritifed! lol
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 8:39 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• my son asked when he was 5!
    so, we didn't talk about sex...just what happens after!
    we have home births, so he has been around babies being born...he even cut the cord of my last baby!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:41 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• my son was 4 too. he said "how do they get there"..i said well daddies put them there. again "how"...i just told him i will tell him another day.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:42 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Not really a horror question,lol. DD asked when she was 3 and I was pregnant with her little brother. Now she did not ask how he got there, but I did teach her hat Daddy planted a seed in Mommy's Womb which Mommy had to care for untill I grew into a baby. She is 5 now and has no intrest in it anymore. I have 8 and 9 year old cousins who have not asked nor have any intrest in sex or the like yet. It really depends on the child and what they are exposed to. But the topic does not need to be a scary thing. If you approch it as something embarassing, that is what the child will learn as well, and may not want to come to you with any other questions. The notion of "the talk"(as in a one time deal) is a bit outdated. It needs to be an open, ongoing conversation. She needs to feel that she can come to you with any question and have it answered. Better than her going to friends or guys at school.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 8:42 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My kids knew how it got out, but they just thought was fr where I went to the bathroom, so I left it at that. I was told tell them only what they ask, and give age appropiate ans.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 8:43 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My daughter asked when she was 8, my son asked when he was 9 and I was pregnant with their younger sibling. I talked to them separately and just told them the answer - they will find out in 5th grade anyway when the school does their "sex education" I'd much rather their knowledge about sex come from me than the schools!!

Answer by missanc at 8:48 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I have a 9 year old and a 7 year old (both girls) and neither of them have asked yet. I've even sort of touched on the whole "daddy's sperm and mommy's egg" thing with them, but neither have asked HOW the sperm and egg get together. I'm sort of dreading the day they DO ask and I have to tell them what mommy and daddy did, lol.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:57 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Both of my kids (5 and almost 7) have asked. And I have just told them that when a mommy and daddy fall in love and get married, God gives them a baby. That has seemed to work for now..LOL.
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 8:59 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• any age they want, but I won't answer until they can understand the answer. Until then I just tell em "I'll tell when your older".
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:00 AM on Aug. 16, 2010