Has anyone had moderate dysplaysia and had to have the LEEP procedure done? What kind of pain should i expect?

I had an abnormal pap got the results back that it is moderate dysplaysia and now in the next 3 week have to have the LEEP done and want to know what I am in for

2angelsinmylife

Asked by 2angelsinmylife at 9:42 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Health

• I sent you a message bc there wasnt enough room here lol
    Get the LEEP....dont let people scare the hell out of you for nothing. Its a lot easier than you expect it to be :)
    ttys
    IHeartDraven

Answer by IHeartDraven at 10:30 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• If your insurance is adequate, I would suggest the cone biopsy for the suspect cervical tissue as it is MORE accurate than the leep. and can guage how deep the suspect tissue is. They have to knock you out for a cone biopsy. The LEEP sounds like a painful procedure!! and WHO THE HELL wants to smell their own tissue burning off?  EEEWWWWWW

LEEP Procedure - What is LEEP? - Loop Electrosurgical Excision ...

A look at why the loop electrosurgical excision procedure (LEEP) is performed and what to expect before and after the LEEP.
    womenshealth.about.com/cs/surgery/a/leepprocedure.htm -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:02 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I had it done a few years back. When I went in the Dr showed no tact and pulled out the really long needle (for numbing) right in front of me. I passed out and we had to delay the procedure for a little bit til I started to feel better. haha. Didn't feel the darn needle AT ALL - don't worry. Just don't look!
    The pain was not nearly as bad as I expected....just like bad cramps. It is fast though. Hang in there girl- you will do just fine. Just remember to take it easy afterwards!
    LovingLife226

Answer by LovingLife226 at 10:05 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I had the leep done and the smell was waaaayyyy gross! I was pretty uncomfortable even though they said I would only feel slight pinching. I would say like severe cramping in my case. I was down for like 2 days and I had to get the cone biopsy anyway. So I would say if you can skip the leap and go straight for the cone.
    mmnjp03

Answer by mmnjp03 at 10:07 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Please, I watched it on a monitor. I have seen my own cervix. Yippee! J/K The smoke was pretty interesting. No pain that I remember.
    RalphB

Answer by RalphB at 11:54 PM on Jun. 18, 2008