Pregnancy and lactation jealousy is eating me up. :(

I can't help but be jealous of all my expecting and lactating friends. My husband and I have a 3 year old daughter and have decided to wait until I graduate college to try again, but that keeps getting pushed further and further away due to finances and everything else under the sun. Now it's at least 2 years away. I get so sad thinking about it. All of my friends are either pregnant or nursing. My husband is in no rush to procreate again (he doesn't mind just having one kid). Am I a crazy person (a bitch, even) or is this common? I just feel really alone.

Anna55

Asked by Anna55 at 1:33 AM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Right there with you! I feel your pain. My baby boy is nearly four years old and I have been dying to have another baby since he was 17 months old, but due to road blocks it couldn't happened. Now the time to try is getting closer, but still doesn't seem within reach. Sometimes my baby fever consumes me. Don't help that my younger sister gave birth to a little boy in April either!
    moosie711

Answer by moosie711 at 2:10 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Even though I know we aren't financially ready for another, I'm always jealous of pregnant women. I loved being pregnant and I loved breastfeeding!!! Even when I know I don't want another right now, I still can't help being jealous!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one!!
    xraydri

Answer by xraydri at 11:50 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• no your not alone!!! I feel the same way too! I have a nine year old daughter and due to many medical problems with her we had never tried for another, now we are I have had 2 m/c and am currently 7 weeks into this one! Sometimes I was/ am so jealous of my SIL who has 3 wonderful kids I wanted to rip her hair out!!LOL Good Luck! If you ever just want to vent, I'm a great listner!!
    jorbear

Answer by jorbear at 10:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Totally normal. Maybe you and hubby and can compromise on a time to TTC? Or, just try to get your baby fix in other ways by helping new mommies or moms with LO's.
    NoNonsenseMama

Answer by NoNonsenseMama at 3:26 AM on Jul. 1, 2008