Do you think dating is as hard as being in a relationship or being married?

pinkdragon36

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 9:11 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• Harder to date n find companionship
    kkleywegt41

Answer by kkleywegt41 at 10:40 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• its different. i dont think it can be compared really
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:13 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• It's very different. Each stage of a relationship has it's challenges.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:20 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• nope I don't think dating is as hard as being married
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 9:54 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

soccerchik8287

• There's different difficulties in each. And it's human nature to want what you can't have. If you're dating a person you want to be in a relationship and once you're in a relationship you miss the dating stage.
    yezay

Answer by yezay at 9:23 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• It's all hard, but it's hard in different ways. When a girl is dating, she has much to research if she is really looking for a husband who will be with her for the rest of her life. It takes a long time to research character, which is the major factor to be considered. She needs to watch him for a pretty long time to see how well he keeps his word, what his work ethic is, how he treats his mother or his sister or just other women in general, if he has any addictions, and if he is a man of integrity. If he passes muster on all those (and more), then she has to begin asking herself what are her strengths and weaknesses as compared to his, and she also has to determine whether she thinks they balance each other well enough to make a life together. Then if they marry, there will always be the little surprises that she (and he) missed when they were dating, and those have to be worked through and overcome. So, it's all hard!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:36 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• To me the only different is when the stuff get to much to handle you just can't get up and leave.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 10:01 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I think dating is HARDER than being married. My husband and I love each other. I know we can have a little argument and he will still love me. We have love, trust, committment and a strong partnership. I know if I am struggling with something that my husband cares and I can talk to him. I weeded out all the others by dating to pick someone that I could build a life with.

I had a great time dating... but I think it was harder. Going out single, figuring out what to wear. The stress, excitement and dissappointment of a first date. Wondering why he asked for my # if he wasn't going to call. The nervousness of a first kiss and progressing a sexual relationship (or not). Being exclusive or not. Trying to figure out how much to share with someone you are 'dating'. Wondering why he has not mentioned marriage even though you have been together for years....

No thanks... I am happiliy married.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 10:19 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• can't say - i never was really good at "dating." either someone was worth my time and i wanted to concentrate on that one person, relationship or not, or i didn't. marriage takes alot more work - it's so much easier when you don't have a legal bind to get fed up and walk away or not deal with things (doesn't make for a healthy relationship, but an easier possibility). i put forth much more consistent effort in my marriage and it pays off. there are added responsibilities and what you might call burdens when it comes to marriage that make it harder work, even compared to a long-term live-in relationship. dating is simply in a pain in the ass in my opinion - no comparison.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:20 AM on Aug. 16, 2010