I need some motivation

I know I feel better when I work out. I have more energy, I'm less grumpy. But ever since coming back from vacation, I've been in a slump. Nothing seems to motivate me. So, for you ladies that work out, what's your motivation? How do you find it every day. Cause I think mine's been hiding under my bed where I can't reach it for a few weeks.

Eviesmommy

Asked by Eviesmommy at 9:11 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• m going on a diet woohoo and sending u motivation vibes lol
    san78

Answer by san78 at 9:04 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I could use some motivation too! I used to work out everyday but this summer I havent even tried and now i feel the changes in my body but im just too tired!
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 9:15 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Hi Eviesmommy. I don't know if you remember me, but we corresponded a while back because I have an Evie too.
    Anyway, as far as motivation goes, I have a few tips:
    1) Find workouts you love. It's definitely less laborious if you can find a routine you like--I enjoy running outdoors when the weather is nice and Turbo Jam on most other days.
    2) Constantly remind yourself of the mental and physical benefits from working out.
    3) Find a buddy if it helps you. Personally, I prefer exercising alone, but I know many people find more motivation when they have a partner or group involved.
    4) Just do it. Don't feel like it, but know there' s no good reason not to? Do it anyway, just make yourself get up and go. For me, I will usually get back into the groove if I just force myself to get back into the action. The longer you sit around, the harder it becomes to get that motivation back. Your sloth becomes habit. Do it!!!
    Good luck!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:16 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I started an exercise competition with my little sister in July. That was a BIG help! It wasn't about weight loss or anything like that, it didn't even matter WHAT we each did. It was a simple $5 wager per week... whoever tracked the most exercise (measured in minutes) during the week won the $5. It was a fun competition! I think we ended up breaking even, but it was a great motivator for me. "Oh no! Sis took the dog for a run last night, I'd better go to the gym today or she's going to win!" I really think the bragging rights were far more motivational than the $. (And we are in different states too, so location doesn't matter.)

Also, I HIGHLY recommend taking a class at the gym! They're SOOO much more fun than working out alone, and I've found I'm able to push myself a LOT harder and a LOT longer than working out alone. Alone I end up getting bored and wanting to stop early.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 11:24 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• FWIW, If you need a general work out / motivation buddy, pm me!
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 11:25 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Set a goal for a fantastic outfit and visualize yourself wearing it.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:38 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I have just made exercise part of my daily routine, on the days that I do not work. I'm semi-retired, and my kids are college + aged so my schedule is pretty free. I get up, have coffee, check my emails, then I hit the road- I run a beach loop by my home, or sometimes hit the treadmill. On work days, no exercise-I'm a nurse, so working is exercise.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:35 PM on Aug. 16, 2010