How many years apart are your children?

Do they get along well? If you could do it again, would you have waited a little longer, a little less time? Or is the age difference perfect for you?

At the rate I'm going, my dd's going to be 10 by the time I have a second, lol. I just can't seem to convince dh that now is the time to try again.

Eviesmommy

Asked by Eviesmommy at 9:17 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• Oh, and the reason they are 10 years apart are the fact that they are technically half brothers. My 11 year old is from my first husband and my 1 year old is from my second husband.
    But being as my 11 year old has autism, it is good spacing for us.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:42 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Three years apart, and yes I would do the same spacing again. It gave the older child his own time as the baby of the family, and it was reasonably easy to pay for their educations having them spaced like that. Yet they were close enough in age to play together.

Answer by Bmat at 9:18 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• well im 21 and my little brother is 10 and i also have a 4 year old little brother. we get along good the 10 year old has a mouth on him tho lol
    liljess09

Answer by liljess09 at 9:19 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My husband and I have 3 girls ages 17, 11 and 4. We had our first when we were young and waited until we were more financially secure to have our 2nd daughter. And we decided to have one more (try for a boy one last time) before we were 35 and along came our 3rd daughter:) They fight like any other siblings, I wish they were a little closer in age, but this is how it turned out and honestly I couldn't imagine it any other way:)

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:21 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• From oldest to youngest they are 3 years and 19 days apart......with one in the middle.

My first 2 are 13 months and 3 days apart.

My middle and youngest are 23 months apart. Their birthdays are all 2 weeks apart (makes for a very busy autumn!!).

Now I wouldn't change it, I like having them closer together. They go through a lot of the same things together and the boys are best friends.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 9:21 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My oldest son is 15 and youngest is 16 months, so 14 yrs apart. I love to watch how they are together. The age diff is big enough there is no type of jealousy, just love :).You might mention to DH that you want to know that your son has siblings, so that yrs from now when you both are gone-he has family there. That was a huge factor for me.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:21 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• 7, 12 and 18
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:23 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My son and daughter are 18 months apart. So they have a very close relationship. they bicker over things here and there but they dont do anything without eachother.
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 9:23 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• We have the his, mine & ours thing going on. A step-dau- age 27 (w/ 3 of her own!) - my 2 boys- 21 & 19, then our daughter- 8 y/o
    That's a span of 19 yrs! My half sis & I are 25 yrs apart! There's all kinds of families- no perfect mold. So enjoy & celebrate what each child contributes to your family.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:25 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• i didn't even meet my dh until i was 30, so i was really limited by age. i can see the advantages to however your children are spaced. my first two are 1 1/2 years apart, then twins came 3 years later, then two years after that we had one more!
    would i space out like this again? i don't really know. sometimes it seems like it would have been easier if i had a child every 5 years, and then i look at my kids and see what fun they have playing together! however your kids are spaced, it will be perfect for you!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:26 AM on Aug. 16, 2010