Bleeding 8 Weeks After C-Section

I'm wondering if this is normal...

I had a c-section with my second son. I had postpartum bleeding for five weeks. Then about a week after the postpartum bleeding stopped I had my period. It lasted three days(which is pretty normal for me). It's been about a week and a half since my period stopped and all of a sudden yesterday I started bleeding again. It started out light pink and not is heavier and bright red. There are no clots or anything in it. My back hurts and the area around my c-section has been hurting and my belly button hurts when you touch it. When I called the on call doctor yesterday she was talking like it was a period but it doesn't feel like my period and wouldn't it be too soon to have another? Does anyone know what is going on? Is this normal or am I worrying too much? This is my first c-section so I don't really know what to expect.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Health

• I would call the office back and tell them you want to leave a message for the doctor to call you. If it gets near closing time or you start feeling worse and haven't heard back, go to an urgent care center or the emergency room. If you soak through a pad in an hour, you should also go to the emergency room.
    CAMKsMom

Answer by CAMKsMom at 9:43 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I bled irregularly for 5 months after my C-Sections (I had 4) i'd bleed every other week or so. But I agree with CAMKsMom, if you soak through a pad that quickly, the heck with your doctor, go to the ER.
    a_stewart08

Answer by a_stewart08 at 11:09 PM on Aug. 16, 2010