Disipline

My Fience/childrens father is driving me crazy. We do not agree at all about punishments for my 21 month old son. Any ideas? I tell him when he does something i dont agree with and fice fersa but we still dont like get it i guess.

kaylie_08

Asked by kaylie_08 at 1:25 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in General Parenting

• You should sit down and discuss it when it is not in the heat of the moment and come to some agreements on appropriate behavior and appropriate consequences. Consistency is important to kids, the same actions should have the same consequences every time.

riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I agree with riotgrrl, my husband and I sit down and talk about what we do and should do when our 16 month old acts up and we do things consistently with one another...like if I give him 1 warning then pop him if he does it again, my husband does the same if it's just him in the room. So I would def. sit down and try to come to some middle ground on how you and your husband both feel towards certain punishments, because you can't just have one parent when there are two of you... or else the child will grow up knowing one of you will give in to him and the other he will get in trouble with. -Sincerely Cyndi :D
    SuperbowlBoys

Answer by SuperbowlBoys at 6:28 PM on Oct. 7, 2008