Help me with names for twins.... please...

OK.. so the hubby finally put in some input... I think we are going to name the boy Jacob... now I need some help with a middle name... and also help with a girl name for the other baby... Please give me any ideas or suggestions... I am running out of time.. Thanks!

JustMeTiff

Asked by JustMeTiff at 1:34 AM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 1. Do you want them to sound similar? 2. Do you want them to have any special significance (family name, Biblical, etc)? 3. Do you want a traditional name, or something unique, or maybe just a different spelling?

Once you have that figured out you can narrow your search.

When we had our first son, we chose a name from the Bible and a family name.  (Joshua Cyrus)  When we had the twins, we went with a name we both really liked for a first name and kept another family name for the middle name (Zachary Allen & Jenna Elizabeth).  If we had same sex twins we would have  kept the same middle name for each of them (Zachary Allen & Jacob Allen or Jenna Elizabeth & Hannah Elizabeth).

LuvMyTwins407

Answer by LuvMyTwins407 at 3:02 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• girl theres Hannia or anya or dawn jayla leila sarah it depends do you want it typical or different? juliette or geni or gillian or rosayle

jacob andrew garret alexander Gmela or Xander harris or daryl cedric or richard or martin or jose joshua or william or robert or brett or freddie or chad or brad or charles or baley or bruse or ibn or winceton
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 2:06 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• WHEN I WAS PREGNANT WITH TWINS I THOUGHT I WAS HAVING 2 GIRLS SO I TOUGHT OF BABY 1 (LEAHNAYA) AND BABY 2 (JAZELL) BUT TO FIND OUT THEY WERE BOYS SO THEY ARE (EZEKIEL ISAMMUEL) AND (XAVIER IMMANUEL) BUT I THOUGHT OF JACOB ALSO, BUT IT ALSO MATTERS IF YOU HAVE A PREFFRANCE ON MEANING OR DOES NOT MATTER. MY HUSBAND DID NOT WANT ME TO NAME THEM IF THEY WERE NOT GOING TO BE BIBLICAL NAMES, XAVIER IS NOT BIBLICAL BUT I TOLD HIM IT MENT (A NEW HOME) AND EZEKIEL MEANS (THE STRENGHT OF GOD) SO I TOLD HIM THAT WE WERE BRINGING THE STRENGHT OF GOD INTO A NEW HOME BECAUSE WE JUST MOVED. SO HE TOLD ME ONLY THIS TIME WILL I LET YOU NAME THEM.
    lovemy5bless

Answer by lovemy5bless at 2:48 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Rhyannon and Cara are a few I didnt use
    Irelyn

Answer by Irelyn at 4:57 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• We used Lillian and William because we wanted to use twin names that were sort of alike (they are in spelling) but didn't sound alike. We also thought of Cassandra, Micheal, David, Lynn, Genevieve, Sophia, Nichole, Mason and Maddison.
    teacher230

Answer by teacher230 at 8:20 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I agree with a previous poster. Try using a Biblical name for the first name and then a significant family name for the middle. My son's name is Tyler Bruce. Tyler just because we liked the name, and Bruce after my husband.
    tammie77

Answer by tammie77 at 8:51 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I personally like Jacob Michael (that is my Zachary's middle name). For the girl I think Jayden is really pretty. How about Jacob Michael and Jayden Michaela? Well Michaela might sound better as the middle name. I don't know I'll have to think about this. It was much easier to come up with 2 boy names in my case.
    mamawendy

Answer by mamawendy at 10:12 AM on Jun. 30, 2008