My 21st birthday`

My birthday well my 21st birthday is friday 10/10 and i am going camping and drinking just a little but im breastfeeding what is like the rules about that any advice? My daughter that im breastfeeding will not be there she is with my mother but i will be pumping is that okay?

kaylie_08

Asked by kaylie_08 at 1:27 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Kids' Health

• that's my birthday too.

The alcohol doesn't stay in your system for too long. I googles this before too. Don't feed right after drinking. Wait 2-3 hours. Even if u don't pump youll be fine. It doesn't stay in your milk. Google it for more information. =]

& Happy birthday!!!
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 2:36 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• You have to throw out any milk you pump around the time you're drinking.... I just looked it up and read that you need to wait 2-3 hours after drinking before the alcohol will be out of your system. I would imagine you'd need to pump at the 2-3 hour mark to empty the milk affected by the alcohol before you could resume pumping or breastfeeding.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 1:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Yup pump and dump!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:00 PM on Oct. 10, 2008