Seriously. Is there any way to make money from home?

I know. All of us could use a little extra. We've just had an eye-opening look at our budget and drastic changes need to be made. I stay home with our two children and my husband literally works from 8am til 8pm at the very earliest (and usually...its much later). I don't want a pyramid scheme, I buy Melaleuca but don't want to sell it because there are only a few products that I like, I already do chacha, and surveys, etc - these don't actually bring in enough money to count for anything. We've discussed me going back to work and with my husbands schedule we are trying to avoid it for now.

romanojm

Asked by romanojm at 9:49 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Money & Work

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:33 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• i have found that most "work from home" schemes have some sort of start up cost. or some kind of catch. i just went back to work part time and i totally work around my husbands schedule.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 9:51 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• What can you do? What are you willing to do?

There are a lot of types of work that can be done from home, from design work to manufacturing, proofreading to childcare. Some professionals can work from home, consultants often do, realtors do, even some IT techs can.

It is a matter of finding the market, if you're selling directly, or the employers, if you're wanting to hire out. Pretty much 100% of 'make money at home with no commitment, no time involvement, no money down and magically' are the scam they appear to be... but lots of work can be done from home.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 10:02 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• check out my journal how i make money from home
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 10:04 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Unfortunately most of my years of working outside the home were in outside sales for a pharma company. I did just apply for an advertising sales rep job which is from home and will continue to look for jobs like this. I was thinking of offering childcare - my kids are on opposite school schedules so it would be tricky. We don't live near family and do not have a support system - we've only lived here for a few years and don't have many friends that we can depend on for help with the kids. My husband travels constantly and works, as I said, about 70 hours a week. There isn't much I can do around his schedule - or depend on him for help. I'm truly willing to do whatever I can and I know the online stuff is all scams - that isn't what I'm looking for at all. Just looking for anything I may not have been thinking of...helps to brainstorm/vent sometimes :) Thanks everyone!
    romanojm

Comment by romanojm (original poster) at 10:18 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• There are so many companies out there that allow you to have your own business. Question is, what are you interested in already? What do you have a passion for? My passion is photography and photographing my kids as they grow up. Last year I found a company that allows me to create beautiful books for my children and I get to help others do the same. I especially love that I do not have to carry an inventory. If this is something you may be interested in, I invite you to check out my website http://bookyourphotos.com or PM me if you have any questions.

P.S. I'm offering a signup bonus in August and September.
    Patty_WAHM

Answer by Patty_WAHM at 10:22 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I am going to Message you...I have an incredible WAH business, I am a FT SAHM and I live in NJ which is outside of CA one of the Most expensive states in the country to live in. THis is more than legitimate, and has the best and most sound credentials you will find.
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 11:03 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I have a home business that doesn't require selling/cold calling/parties or inventory. We do receive Daily Pay, Benefits, Training, full support, free leads and so much more.
    Our company has a good rating with the BBB, Consumer Health Alliance, National Association of Dental Plans, Chamber of Commerce and so many more credentials including a plan partnered with the FBI.
    CLICK HERE for more information or you can call me directly at 770-728-9938

ChristinaAtHome

Answer by ChristinaAtHome at 11:29 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Girl, you can check out my Blog, I have lots of ideas and opportunities.  I try to post things as I find them.  Most are screened though, because I won't put anything on there that I can't find information on:  Mavi's Home Work

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:59 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I have some good sites listed that are 100% free, you should check it out : Free paypal money

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 2:00 PM on Aug. 16, 2010