i know every baby is different but...

My dd is ten months old. She scoots and pulls herself around on the floor but she doesn't pull herself up onto anything yet. She doesn't look close to walking yet. Should I be getting nervous? I stand her up but she forces herself down (like she has no interest in walking at all lol). Also I try to get her to hold her own bottle and she will for a minute but then gets bored and turns it upside down or throws it. Are there things I should be doing to get her ready for these?

samantha21385

Asked by samantha21385 at 9:52 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would not worry about the walking part. Some babies don't walk until they are 14 or 15 months.

Sorry, I have no idea about the holding the bottle thing.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 9:53 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• There is no reason to worry about walking at this age... and if she doesn't like a bottle, try a sippy.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 9:55 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Have you run this by your pediatrician? it doesn't sound abnormal to me. Every child develops at their own pace. Definitely don't worry about holding the bottle. She can do it and manipulates it as she wants. She'll drink when hungry.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:55 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• No I wouldn't get nervous. Give her time. :) My oldest walked at 12 months, my youngest daughter walked at about 14 months old.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:56 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Like you said before. All babies develop at thier own individual rate. She will walk when she is ready. Just have safe areas where she can practice pulling up she when is ready. And stand her up and hold her hands. As for the bottle thing maybe she just doesn't like holding her own bottle or would rather play with it. She will get there. Enjoy your precious little one.
    maggiebella25

Answer by maggiebella25 at 9:56 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Don't be worried at all. My first son didn't walk until the day after he turned 1. He wouldn't hold a bottle until then either. My now 10 month old holds a bottle, but not for the whole bottle. Until he gets comfy and settles in. Then I hold it LOL Some babies take up to 18 months to walk. There really isn't much you can do. Other than holding her hands and walking with her. She will do it all at once when she is ready.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 10:01 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• As long as she has the opportunity and space, she will start to walk. There are very few kids that don't...don't worry. When she is 18 months old, then you can be concerned. As for the bottle, as long as mine took a bottle, I held him to feed him it. It you don't want to hold her with it, start her on a sippy cup.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:01 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My 14 months old NEVER held his own bottle. He has hit every developmental milestone either early or just right, but he never held his own bottle. He now drinks from a cup with not problem and is beginning to eat with utensils, but when he did drink from a bottle and I tried to get him to drink from it, he just threw it.
    As for the standing thing, give it some time yet. She is getting where she needs to go, so that's good.
    Please, do not stress about these things. Enjoy your little one.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:04 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Relax! It will all come in time.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:36 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• The average age for walking is 13 months. The average age range is 8 to 18 months. Its still early mama..lol..And the bottle thing, just keep putting her hands on it or just hold it until you switch to a cup :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 6:15 PM on Aug. 16, 2010