How much time is too much time on the computer and/or video games?

Ktschudi1979

Asked by Ktschudi1979 at 9:54 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would say an hour of tv per day and a 1/2 hour of video games. I really can't talk, because my three year old and I have the TV on all day, but I wish that I could bring myself to do an hour of TV and 1/2 hour of video games a day! Hope this helps! :)
    Annastacialynn

Answer by Annastacialynn at 9:58 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Mine spends a lot of time, however...he doesn't zone out, he can be away from them for days and he does get up and go do other things without my prompting him to do so. So, that depends on the kid. I say however long they want as long as they can remain in the real world, don't become obsessed, don't lose themselves completely and they do get up and go do other things without you standing over them and forcing it. And they must be able to get their school work done and any house work also.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:59 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• when it interfers with your normal activites and relationships
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 10:09 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Depends on the kid. We adjust tv and game time based behavior.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 5:50 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• My 10 year old is allowed 2 hrs one day a week. On his x-box that is. I let him go on the computer from time to time to watch videos or look up game stuff, but it's limited and always regulated. He's also allowed extra time on the x-box once in a while if Dad is playing with him.

Mommy4000

Answer by Mommy4000 at 1:44 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Ever since my kids started on the computer it has been 1 hour a day on any electronic device this is seperate from tv. Because of being consistant even my 10 year old does not whine or ask for longer. If they have a sleep over or friends over I do not stay with the hour. There are exceptions sometimes.
    cozytime

Answer by cozytime at 9:48 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• 1 hour of video games/ TV is enough. I go for 2 hours on weekends. But of course that is if they are doing their chores etc. No chores rude/bad behavior no video/TV
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 11:05 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• When they start getting "googly" eyes - my son would be on so long, his eyes would be red and looked swollen.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:31 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I had my kids read to earn time on TV or video games/computer. 20 minutes of reading earned 20 minutes of electronic fun after all homework and chores were done.
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 4:25 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• The amount I spend here, for sure! Way tooo long-lol.
    Tnamari

Answer by Tnamari at 5:44 PM on Aug. 18, 2010