"NO FAT GIRLS ALLOWED!!!!!!!!!!"

Muzique nightclub in Montreal is feeling the heat after posting an invitation on its Facebook page that included the message "NO FAT GIRLS ALLOWED!!!!!!!!!!"
Stefano Apostolakos, a Montreal club promoter, told the Gazette: "Everybody knows. (Clubs) are selective," and "(Discrimination) comes with the right to refuse entrance." He remarked, "They'll never tell you you can't come in because of your looks. But at the end of the day, that's what it comes down to, usually. It's the sad truth."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/13/muzique-montreal-nightclu_n_681172.html

I know this took place in Montreal, but it happens in the U.S. as well. Shouldn't this type of thing be highlighted in our descrimination laws? Or should clubowners be able to pick and choose their clientel?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• they should be able to choose there clientel but not based on there figure.
    jdpsmom08

Answer by jdpsmom08 at 10:00 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I think they should post a sign saying "No intelligent girls allowed"....I mean who wants to go to Clubs anyway? Airheads,that's who.
    But,that is not a good thing to post---No FAT Girls? Yukkk. Nasty people.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:01 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• That's hilarious! As a FAT GIRL myselt...it made me LOL...

I think the Chubbies should unite and ALL SHOW UP!

What IDIOTS!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:03 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• ...they couldve went about it in a whole different way. i hear it here all the time. "for the fabulous, hot, and sexy only" I'm sure some fat girls may feel that way though so it wouldnt exclude them all..but atleast it would maybe weave out a few..maybe the insecure ones.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:03 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I don't know. While it's mean, I also believe that business owners should be able to choose who they serve, so it's tough. If anything, people (fat or not), should stop going there to prove a point. I wouldn't go and support a place like that.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:05 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• i don't think it should be about size, rather about who is chill and fun, but i guess if the selection of women is not top knotch, men won't come...SO i don't know. Who cares, if they don't want you, don't go!
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 10:05 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Private companies have always been allowed to be discerning in the customer base. If they weren't, Abercrombie and Fitch would be required by law to carry XXXXXL sizes, and they don't.

Seeing an opening in the market, perhaps someone with an eye to making a LOT of money could start up a club that only fat people were allowed in...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 10:06 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• As screwed up as it is, any business can choose who they want to serve and you their clientele is. In my opinion they just ruined some of their business.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:06 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• That's just mean
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 10:10 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I am not saying I agree with the practice (I don't), but they should be able to run their business the way they want. Hopefully they will lose patronage because of their condescension. How do you force a business to allow a larger client entry? Now, that said, I am not skinny and I don't go clubbing where you have to stand in line to get in and be picked like you just won the lotto. I find the whole practice of waiting to be picked very juvenile.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:10 AM on Aug. 16, 2010