PLEASE watch your kids when near a pool!!!!!!!

I have only lived in my currently location for a little over 2 weeks and in those 2 weeks TWO toddlers have died from drowning in a public pool because no one was watching them. On the latest death the grandfather admitted that they took their eyes off of her. They suspect that she was in the pool for 3-5 minutes before she was discovered face first in the adult pool. Please don't take your eyes off your children for even a minute because that;'s all it takes...

Link below.

http://www.fox13now.com/news/local/kstu-toddler-drowns-in-bear-lake-resort-pool,0,3591191.story

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 10:04 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• i know SERIOUSLY, my sister in law just let her 2 year old hang out by the pool and i'm like "is anyone going to stand by him?? He could fall in!!" and sure enough he fell in, and had to be rescued, and they were all just like "hahahaha" like he's fine all fun and games, but SERIUOSLY!?? How dumb can you be???
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 10:07 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Who takes their eyes off a toddler at all, much less by a pool? Really?!?!
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:07 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Doesn't this strike anyone else as a little obvious?

Who was in the pool with the child? Do these 7 adults think that a toddler can't drown in a shallow pool?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 10:08 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Please DO NOT swim alone no matter what your age! My father drown at the age of 67. He laid on a raft, had a "cardiac event" and drown while his wife sat in the house eating a sandwich and watching HG TV. We are a water loving family. I have a pool and work for a man who installs them. You can NEVER be too careful around water. All toddlers should wear a coast gaurd approved flotation device when near natural and man made bodies of water. My sons wear one we purchased at Bass Pro for 20 bucks. Best money we ever spent and my kids are fish!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:10 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• It's not only Public Pools. About 4 children, 3 & under have died falling into their family pools here in my area. The Mother was in the house and the child got out them self and fell in, another the Grandparents were watching and the grandchild got out of their house and a nanny fell in a pool rescuing a toddler under her care and she & the toddler both died! People NEED to secure the child in the house also when you have pool yourself. It is so sad.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:14 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• BradenIsMySon - WOW. Just WOW! That's really sad (on several levels), but I can't help but think Darwin's Award.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 11:01 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• It's not just pools.You have to watch closely whenever a child is near water. Just today locally an infant drown in a bathtub when mom went to check food on the stove while bathing her. HOW STUPID IS THAT?
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:24 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• That's it no pool for my kids
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 10:06 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• WHY ARE PARENTS TO STUPID AND SELFISH TO EVEN WATCH THEIR YOUNG CHILDREN NEAR A POOL! IT DOESN'T MATTER IF IT'S SHALLOW THEY CAN STILL DROWN! IT DOESN'T MATTER IF IT'S CROWDED AREA, THEY CAN STILL DROWN!
    MamaDawn0223

Answer by MamaDawn0223 at 10:29 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• A toddler is one thing, and I'd definitely agree with the whole 'ALWAYS watch them' and life jackets, etc. But a 4 or 5 yr old? WHY in the HELL do the 4 and 5 year old NOT know how to swim?? Swimming lessons save lives!!!
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 10:59 AM on Aug. 16, 2010