Why do you do the crafts you do, therapy, just for fun etc?

I started out doing mine for therapy after my DD died. Now I do them also for fun. I make basket and vase flower arrangements, and my DD and I have too many for our homes. We actually change flowers with the seasons, and have them for Holidays. I have also given them as gifts. Why do you like or do your hobby or craft?

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 10:11 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• i do it to stay busy, to use my creativity, and because i like to see a finished project/job well-done, especially if it beautifies a space. oh and, also because i like to hear ''WOW!! that looks AWESOME! you are one heckava gal, missy!" lol!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:29 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I do it for fun, i enjoy it, keeps me busy, and i like it!!
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 10:12 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I need to start a hobby
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 10:18 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I love crocheting and knitting because I love yarn. I love the idea of taking a long peice of yarn and creating something wearable or useable. Creating something from nothing.
    xpandyourmind

Answer by xpandyourmind at 10:22 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I'm sorry about your dd. I do crafts just for fun, because I like to express my creativity. Maybe you should try other kinds of crafts since you have too many of the flower arrangments. You could try painting or sketching, ceramics, there are so many other things you can try pick up a book of crafts and look through it try a few things that look fun.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 10:23 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I do it because I enjoy it. I am looking at trying to make some cloth diapers (pocket type) after school starts so we can use cloth on our next child in diapers (we do foster care and never know) I also like to make baby quilts and burp clothes for people in our church when they have new ones. I would love to get better at sewing and make my DD's some dresses.
    niehoff9

Answer by niehoff9 at 10:40 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I craft because I am crafty! It keeps me from shoving the remote in dark places when my hubby can't stop changing the stations. It makes me money during craft show season and just keeps me sane!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 6:00 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• i do it to stay busy and have an outlet for creativity to flow :)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 12:12 PM on Aug. 17, 2010