• In the Spotlight:

Do you make your kid visit with OP?

my 2.6 yr old just had a crying, kicking, screaming, hitting, melt down when BD showed up to get him, we have the same problem every wk he never wants to go. I feel awful and almost as if maybe he's too young to be forced to go? could this also be harmful for his development?

Mrs_Chris_Pukt

Asked by Mrs_Chris_Pukt at 10:24 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How is the BD treating him? Is he having fun there? Talk with the BD and if he says that as soon as there home that he relaxes and isn't throwing a fit the whole weekend, I would still make him go, maybe even drop him off instead.
    My SIL sent her LO to spend a month with her BD, and she ended up really sick due to him not taking care of her. It's good for him to see his BD, but not if the guy isn't up to taking care of the child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• He says he's fine but BD promises him things and doesnt follow through and i think my son understands thats how daddy does things.. plus BD has a live in gf with a one year old & the pedi says maybe my DS is jealous or neglected due to the other LO.. idk tho cause my DH and I have a 9 month old and DH has a 6 yr old yet my DS loves being around us and cant wait to see the kids here at my house.. i just feel awful
    Mrs_Chris_Pukt

Comment by Mrs_Chris_Pukt (original poster) at 10:35 AM on Aug. 16, 2010