so i haven't gone camping in so many years but i'm going this weekedn with my husband and ten month old daughter. can you please help me figure out a list of things to bring for everyone?

I know the basics. I'm afraid I'm going to miss something important though.

samantha21385

Asked by samantha21385 at 10:35 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Also what are good easy things to cook while camping? We are taking a tent and small grill.
    samantha21385

Comment by samantha21385 (original poster) at 10:38 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My favorite is a hotel room key!

Sorry, no advice, I'm not much of a camper. My MIL is the queen of camping though! Here's a bump for you.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 10:40 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• hotdogs, hamburgers, crackers, bottle/cup, blankets/sleeping bags, firewood, papertowels/paper plates, pillows, macaronit salad (we don't but you guys might like it), chips, drinks, diapers, clothes, toys
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 10:44 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Tent
    Grill
    Matches
    Lighter fluid
    Extra paper to burn up for fuel starter, like old news, magazines
    Fly,bug,mosquito,flea.....spray
    Punks--incense--
    Sleeping bags.....pillows.....sheets.....foam or inflatable for support
    Shampoo,soap,wash-cloth-towels, face scrub, toothpaste, deodorant,
    brush, comb, purse, mirror,
    GOOD LORD< <<<<>>>>>>>>!!!!!!! I'd stay home..
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 10:47 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Plenty of bug spray and sunblock! Portable cooking utensils, and a small tub for washing dishes. As far as cooking, we do things like hot dogs, hamburgers. Eggs in the morning. Lunch meat for sandwiches. Easy things that don't take too many pots or pans to cook. Have fun! I love camping!
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 10:48 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• http://www.lovetheoutdoors.com/camping/checklists.htm

I was going to copy & paste, but it was too long. I printed this out & use it all the time. Some of the stuff on there i don't bring...like the collapsible drying rack...lol, i'll just use the tree branch thank you!

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:49 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Oo, and don't forget a nice, room cooler with plenty of ice to keep perishables!
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 10:50 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• first aid kit, small sewing kit, duct tape, sunblock, bug repellent. You can put burgers and vegies in individual foil packets and cook them for easy cooking, serving, and clean up.

Answer by Bmat at 10:50 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• fishing rod, lures, lines,
    socks, underclothes, sleep shirt
    toilet paper
    tissues
    changes of clothes
    ---------------------------------------------------
    FOOD
    **************
    Eat the fish you catch
    bring a huge salad/ and dressings
    radio---haha, how about your cell / nano /camera / i-pod / web / dvd / cd / combo pkg.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 10:52 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• There are all kinds of things you can cook right in the camp fire!

pre roll some burrito's, a simple recipe like beans, rice meat & cheese, wrap it in tin foil, then throw it in the ash in the campfire, somewhere on the side where it's not getting direct heat. Rotate it with a stick a few times & there ya go!

You can also cut up some potato, onion & slice any kind of sausage. Wrap in in the tin foil, you want to make like a pouch, don't wrap too tightly, and again, throw it in the fire, in the ash away from direct heat & let cook for about 20. You can put spices in there too.

Hot dogs are always easy & fin for kids.

I usually cook everything in the camp fire...lol. I'll bring a metal bbq grate & just set it on some rocks in the fire & do my grilling there. Of course, you don't want to put it in the hottest part of the fire. Before you get the fire going, you can set up some rocks in there to make it even.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:55 AM on Aug. 16, 2010