Are you a Mrs. Cleaver?

If you're a SAHM, do you try to be supermom? :) My kids are 1 and 2, and my house is currently in a state of disaster. I cook an awesome dinner every evening, great snack and lunches, and clean up while they're sleeping, but I confess I read while they're playing, go on the computer, talk on the phone a lot. I play with them constantly, clean them, dress them, feed them, love on them, usually get them out of their PJs lol, but am very laid back when it comes to structure. What about you?

crystalhuskey

Asked by crystalhuskey at 10:44 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I tried to be Mrs. Cleaver, except for the high heels and pearls. I felt that it was my job to keep the house clean and raise the children as well as growing and canning or freezing most of our vegetables and fruits. If I had it to do again, I'd skip the gardens and concentrate on the children more.

Answer by Bmat at 10:46 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I try, but I'm not that perfect, lol. Perfect is boring anyways. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:47 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I TRY!! Man, I'm always on the go! I only have 1 child (3-years-old) and I feel like there's just never enough time in the day to get things done. I also have a messy DH who is the equivalent of a 3-year-old when it comes to cleaning up after himself. My only break comes if my DD decidesshe is going to take an hour nap or if she will play independently for 30 mins.  Its only then that I can take a quick shower or get on the computer.  So, I don't keep myself up like June, but my family sure must feel like the Cleaver's!

kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 10:52 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I pretty much sound like you when it comes to a typical day!
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 10:55 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My grandmother was a total headcase when it came to how clean (she thought) her house was. It was, in my opinion, a massive waste of life.

Her house smelled of a cocktail of (quite revolting) chemicals, from cleaners to air 'fresheners' and perfumes, different in every room. She spent her life anxious that it wasn't clean 'enough' and was obsessed with germs to the point of being boring to talk to, and draining to be around.

I have a clean-enough house. No one is going to wash their face in the toilet, and food is not prepared or served from the floor... so there are a number of surfaces that are far from germ-free. And I'm okay with that.

We lived in a mess of art supplies, sports equipment, projects, toys, hobbies and things we were exploring. In fact, we still do.

Sweeping and washing can wait til tomorrow
    I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:06 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• You sound just like me! Mrs Cleaver doesn't exist, she is pure fiction.
    Mama2JoshKatie

Answer by Mama2JoshKatie at 11:08 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Im not but Im sure my husband wishes I was. To him there is nothing worse than going to work all day to come home and find a mess, however he has very high standards. My 2 year old wont even let me shower alone! Sometimes he helps me put clothes into the washer or dryer or will help pick up his toys.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 11:09 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• If you were to look at my home and what I do for everyone here, you'd think I was Mrs.Cleaver, but I act nothing like her....phew! LOL
    HisCat

Answer by HisCat at 11:26 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• are you kidding? I'll Cleaver when my beautiful babies aren't babies anymore. til then, i'm just gonna love them!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:29 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Mrs. Cleaver would not even come close to real life today. Times today are more complicated and require more juggling of all sorts of responsibilities and not just sit back and make sure your home is just right.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 11:34 AM on Aug. 16, 2010