Swear Words! I don't get it! adult content

Why is one worse than the other? We say pussy, that's alright, and C! U! N! T! is just another word for it, but why are people SOOOO much more offended by that word, and not pussy? And this goes for ALL swear words....I know they are "bad" and I don't like my DD saying them, but why did we decide those words as "offensive"? When it all boils down, it's just another word for something....obviously "S! L! U! T! and ones along those lines have a meaning...and describe someone who is very sexual etc!
I don't know, I just think it's pretty dumb!

xoxticiaxox

Asked by xoxticiaxox at 10:58 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i use them both. people get to offended at words. they just WORDS thats it nothing more
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 11:00 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I don't use the P word either.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:01 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Its a social and cultural normal. What we have grown accustom to in our areas we live in. In England they use the word pussy to refer to a cat...but here, its thought of as a rude swear word.

mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:01 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• i think its really ridiculous , and swear words change over time. sometimes new ones crop up and older ones are no longer swear words. how silly to get bent out of shape over a word
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 11:01 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I don't get it either... What I understand even LESS is how people get all in a tissy because someone says F*ck but when they say the SAME THING, but replace the word with something like Freak in stead, it's okay... REALLY? It's the same thing, you're saying the SAME thing, the only thing that changes is the letters... What is more important than the words is their usage! That's how we understand it and that's how we teach our kids...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:03 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• yeah that right there just word but sometimes people use those words meanly sometimes people get there feelings hurt i dont like swear curse words i try not to ust them when i get mad im not saying ididnt use them i just rather not say them & speak other words when im mad
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 11:09 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• i think that it is not the words by them selves it is how they are said and in what context...

ex: gee my pussy hurts <--- not so bad
    BUT
    you are a pussy!!! <--- not so nice and someone might get offended like the person you are calling a pussy

or
    does this outfit make me look like a slut??? <--- again not so bad
    BUT
    bitch you are not going out with that on you look like a slut!! <--- not so nice

and yes swear words arent what they used to be... just listen to regular TV and you will hear alot!!
    and what about shows that make up there own cuss words????????????
    frak
    frell
    dren
    and so on............

hope i didnt offend anyone...
    chiana

Answer by chiana at 11:11 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I think it depends on who you grew up with,what the local values are , how people perceieve others by listening to how they express themsleves. Such as ,if I said a woman looked slutty, it would mean she was "promiscuous"....and if you called her the "C" word, it woud be even worse than slutty or promiscuous,in MY world,know what I mean?
    I think you are judged by the langage you use. The "F" word and the "C" word just aren't used by people in my family or by my friends. we are midwestern and we are brought up in towns where people always try to be polite and avoid making a scene. See what I mean? In other words, we are careful and we want to give a good,wholesome impression to others. If you think that is being uptight or goody-goody, then I would feel that you are complimenting me and I would feel that I am being a good person.
    So....do all of you who use those words feel that you don't really care what anyone thinks?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:11 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I don't swear much but I tihnk most of it is the way it's said. I don't swear much my mom used to tell us "Every time you swear your IQ drops 2 points" for some reason that stuck with me lol
    babyblujems

Answer by babyblujems at 11:12 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• What I like about the subject is that one language's identical term (say, Latin --vagina) is acceptable but another language's (say, Anglo-saxon) isn't... the one you suggest, in fact.

It's the same with fornication. It's a completely acceptable in-church word, but the synonym from Anglo-saxon is completely not on... even if it's only in reference to the physical activity.

I sometimes think people who are that easily offended are just looking for excuses to be offended and they can be happily ignored. It's quite simple to say intensely crude, revolting and hurtful things without resorting to anglo-saxon body parts...

Deary me, am I old or what: I can't even think what the 'P word' might be... hmmm... perhaps my list of 'offensive' words is a lot shorter? I have no idea.

Anyhow... I was depressed when I found out that NOT ONE offensive word is newer than the 17th Century. Not one. Appalling lack of imagination...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:14 AM on Aug. 16, 2010