Got any Crochet Tips?

What crochet tips do you have that have made you crocheting easier?

xpandyourmind

Asked by xpandyourmind at 11:00 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• i watched videos on youtube to learn new stitches. i am also a member of a group on here called knit and crochet moms. if i have questions they are always so willing to help.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 11:02 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• be where i am comfortable and it is quiet sometimes it hard but it helps me when i crochet i also like the simple patterns
    dazcody82

Answer by dazcody82 at 11:06 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Yeah, youtube is great. I learned the basics of crocheting years ago, I recently re-taught myself using youtube videos.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:15 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Youtube has helped me. There's a woman named Teresa who had great videos that go step by step. Even slow motion. And she also shows how to do it with your left and right hand.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 11:21 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Keep a paraffin candle nearby. When getting into tough spots, rub the head and neck of the needle with the candle and the needle will glide into the yarn smoothly.
    Always crochet in well lit areas unless you can crochet without looking at your hands and other instructions.
    Wind your yarn into pull balls. It will flow out easier than if you tried to pull from a store bought yarn logs.

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 12:09 PM on Aug. 16, 2010