Define Cheating adult content

What do you consider cheating on a marriage? Does it have to get as far as sex? Do you include making out as cheating?

What level of 'cheating' do you think you could work out, and what level would you dump/divorce your SO?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• cheating is when one partner has intimate relations either sexually or emotionally with someone outside the marriage. but its not an auto divorce to me. i would at least try to work things out
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 11:06 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• i think cheating is when one does anything that they feel the need to hide from their spouse.
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 11:07 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Cheating to me is when someone becomes emotionally or physically attached to another in place of their SO. It does not have to go as far as sex. I think I could get over an emotional attachment and work through that with my DH, but I know a sexual relationship would be a deal breaker to me.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:08 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Anything that YOU wouldn't like your hubby doing...is cheating! Or anything you have to question!
    xoxticiaxox

Answer by xoxticiaxox at 11:06 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Just having in interest in someone else is cheating to me... If I knew my Hubby was even so much as thinking about being with someone else he's crossed the line, and it's time to move on. My hearts worth so much more than that...

Thankfully I keep my Hubby VERY happy, in every way, so no worries here!!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:08 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I think it's officially called adultery. And it's mental as much, if not more, than physical. It's lust in any form, be it pictures, emotional or physical. Anything can be forgiven, if you choose to forgive, but restoration requires that there be genuine sorrow in the heart of the offender. He has to understand the harm that he's done to the marriage and be repentant if there is to be restoration of trust and fidelity. I'm speaking only from the standpoint of marriage. If this is just a guy you are shacking up with, then he is not really cheating, because he has not promised you anything nor made vows to you. If you have children with him, you do need to take them into consideration, as well. The children are who will get hurt the most in any event, so be sure you think of them.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:11 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Anything done with a non-primary partner that was done with deceitfulness and outside previously agreed upon boundaries of the primary couple.

Cheating is lieing, it's equal in my eyes. I don't own my husband and I've never considered sexual fidelity to be a huge concern. It's not even in my top ten deal breakers. But constant lieing is in my top ten.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 11:20 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• interesting question, and responses... so all the 'ladies' who read Twilight and "lust after" Edward or Jacob, is that considered cheating? i know many women who talk about/think about naughty things with these fictional characters, would u call that 'cheating'?
    To me, cheating is physical or emotional attachment to someone other than your spouse/SO, depending on the situation and the person(s) involved it might or might not be a deal breaker. thankfully i have nothing to worry about but you never know what could happen...
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 11:30 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I agree with sati769leigh
    Tab2

Answer by Tab2 at 11:07 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Emotional involvement with another person, with or without physical contact.

Of course 'making out' is cheating.

In fact, anything that you would not do in front of your partner is probably cheating --at least in your opinion.

The dealbreaker is an interesting question... and for lots of people who are married for their own reasons, infidelity is not necessarily the end of a marriage.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:09 AM on Aug. 16, 2010