What do you do when your two year old wants eggs but the thought and smell of eggs makes you throw up?

All she wants for breakfast is eggs, and I feel so bad that I can't seem to fill such a simple request. But the smell and thought of eggs makes me physically sick.

wishing4twins

Asked by wishing4twins at 11:09 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• See if your wonderful neighbor will help you out...I am lucky enough that my neighbor is my BFF so she helps me out when I get requests that I cant fill
    Quintensmom

Answer by Quintensmom at 11:11 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Have hubby do it. When I was pregnant with my now 18 m/o my now 4 y/o was in diapers and everytime I had to change a poopy diaper I had to do it in the bathroom because it made me throw up. Yes, 2-3 times a day.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:13 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Absolutely ask for help/
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:20 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Oh come on, you can do it, just don't think about it as being disgusting. We react to what message our brains are sending, so do reverse psychology and don't think about it. I hate the smell of fish cooking, but I don't think about the smell, does this make sense?
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 11:22 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Maybe try spraying a scarf with lemon juice and tying it over your nose. It might cover the smell.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:35 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Hard boiled. They have minimal smell, and you won't have to SEE the slimy parts.

Or you could try eating some ginger Altoids while making it, you won't smell anything past the smell of the Altoids.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 11:43 AM on Aug. 16, 2010