Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

When do you decide?

I have a 3 year old who I truly love with all my heart but he is driving me nuts. He has quite a few tantrums daily and I have no idea what to do. I try and stay calm, I walk away. Only when it's to my boiling point I just stay in my room in the dark crying my butt off with him there still crying. He's a happy kid, I know he is. He is in pre-school and his teaches say that he don't like to participate, he'll sit on the floor just whining without letting anyone talk to him or play with him. This is why my mother who used to watch him can't watch him anymore. I've called the doctor and they want me to read books, I've spent many hours on google trying to figure it out and nothing is helping.....when do you decide if it could be a medical problem? Anyone know?

Answer Question

Asked by alleyaces at 11:10 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

Level 3 (16 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • I think you should discuss this with your peditrician instead of trying to find answers on google. Drs get paid big money to be able to determine when there is a problem or not. I know how hard it is dealing with a tantruming toddler all day, I have TWO of them...there are days when it is super tough and I just have to take it minuet by minuet some times. Good luck.

    Answer by anikahaynes1 at 11:15 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

  • I would have him tested. Maybe Asperger's?  I hope you get some help momma! Sounds like you need some support!


    Answer by kenzie07 at 11:16 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

  • Sounds like it may be to the point of having a talk with his pediatrician about it since it has been commented on by your mother and teachers. Make sure his hearing is OK, etc. GL

    Answer by elizabr at 11:16 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

  • :( find a doctor that will listen to you and help you, MAKE them do something, it does not sound like he is 'ok' or will grow out of it. has the preschool tried to have him evaluated by a specialist at all? I'm so sorry, i hope u find something out :(

    Answer by DreainCO at 11:25 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

  • I was thinking aspergers or some type of social issue. My dd has aspergers. :) Its not the end of the world. But I would ask the Dr's to refer you to an early intervention expert. Usually each state provides one FREE of charge for testing and therapy!

    SO ASK! It Is FREE! :)

    Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:29 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

  • If it is Aspergers, early intervention is important. Do not wait and read. Get your child tested. If you do not have insurance to cover this, try and find other help. There are groups and government agencies that should be able to give you aid. Do not put it off. If he needs help get it for him early.

    Answer by tootoobusy at 8:27 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

  • Take him to the Ped?

    Answer by sstepph at 1:44 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.