How do you feel?

What do you think about breast milk donation? Would you do it?

I think it is great to help other babies. Everyone has their own opinions though. :-)

TeaAndrews

Asked by TeaAndrews at 1:44 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I think it's a beautiful thing. It's monitored & all kinds of tests are ran to make sure the milk donor is healthy. And if a mother who for whatever reason is unable to bf her baby, I think it's great that she'd take the help from someone who can, and give her child what's healthy.
    Davidsgirl03

Answer by Davidsgirl03 at 3:01 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I thought about it one time. I would have done it except I had a new baby boy that wanted to nurse every 2 hours and I had a hard time keeping up the milk supply so I decided that I didn't have the milk to spare and didn't do it. But I would if I could.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 1:54 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I have never heard of it, but if it would help another mother and her child i would do it. But i tried pumping with my son and it was tough so i dont know if it would be for me
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:20 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I didn't know you could do it. I had so much breast milk when I was nursing...it was crazy. Anyways, sheesh, now that I know when I have my next baby I will deffiently look into it. Thanks for the information!
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 3:21 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Sure its a good idea, but you never know what the person is doing while they are pumping for you. So i wouldn't buy it for my baby. everyone has their own opinions though
    Anonymous

• I really dont like the idea. it was hard enough for me to breast feed my son. but i guess each to there own.
    Anonymous

• I am a milk donor and I use the National Milk Bank. I have sent them 684 oz. of milk so far. I have close to that much still in my deep freeze and the coolers just got here today. To the Anonymous 3:30 pm every 3 months I have to get bloodwork done to make sure I am healthy and I do not have any diseases. They do a DNA kit and test the milk when it comes to make sure I am the donor sending the milk. They pasteurize the milk and send it to hospitals and babies in Africa that have mothers with AIDS. No one buys the milk. The milk goes straight to a lab and they test the milk and make sure it is safe.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 3:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I didnt know that it was such a thing i wish i new that when my son was in the nicu. I could get any tocome out i would've asked the hospital bout it.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 4:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2008