Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

applying for a lost car title in Illinois?

the DMV is closed today, so I wanted to know if anyone could help?
I was to recieve my car(title transfer, ect) in my divorce and my ex never did it. Now he has revoked the plates on my one car, and is refusing to even talk to me about a transfer. what can I do besides call an attorney which i can afford?
thanks mamas!


Asked by Bearsjen at 11:14 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 17 (3,279 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (1)
  • Here in OH, the state DMV has a website. Does Illinois? If it does, you might be able to find your answer in the FAQs. If not and you have to go down to the DMV's office, make sure you take with you a copy of the divorce degree to prove the car was to be handed over to you. I hope you can get this solved without an attorney, but if worst comes to worst and you have to call one, contact the county courthouse and ask them to recommend to you someone who could help you out with little money.

    Answer by HotMama330 at 1:56 PM on Aug. 16, 2010