how true is it?

Ive always heard that lots of heartburn means that you will likely give birth to a baby with lots of hair....... How true is this?

newmommyjazz

Asked by newmommyjazz at 11:16 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I belive this is so true. Out of personal experience. All my friends had heartburn while prego, and all their babies had a lot of hair. I had non and my baby was bald as could be. LOL. My mom told me that the heartburn wives tale has yet to fail that she know of.
    wishing4twins

Answer by wishing4twins at 11:18 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I had heartburn with my frist, and didn't really notice it with my 2nd, but they both came out with heads full of beautiful hair. Dont know how true it is though. I think its more of an old wives tale.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 11:17 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/318037/pregnant_mothers_with_heartburn_can.html maybe it's not just wives tale...
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 11:19 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I heard that too! I've got lots of heartburn and when we got an ultrasound last week the doctor could already see hair on the ultrasound (I was 27 weeks 6 days at the time) I don't know if that means she'll have a lot or not, but my family is rather hairy, so I could see it being true lol
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 11:18 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I have heard there is actually a bit of truth to this one. They did a study and if you had heartburn you were more likely to have a baby with hair. Doesn't mean you WILL, but your chances are higher! I didn't have heartburn and my kids all had hair!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:19 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• It turned out to be true for me. I had heartburn throughout my entire pregnancy, and my son was born with a head full of tight curls.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 11:19 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• i believe it to be100% true...i had a lot of heartburn while i was pregnant with my dd, and she had a head full of hair when she was born. i could put her hair up in little buckles!
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 11:18 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• It was true for me!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:19 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I had the worst heartburn with my third pregnancy, and he was born with the most hair. Weird.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 11:21 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• what mamasarah posted....i used to chalk it up to a old wive's tale but there is actually truth to it.
    themrsss

Answer by themrsss at 11:30 AM on Aug. 16, 2010