since school has started back here

I was wondering if you have a set schedule for studying in your home for the kids, do you sit down and help them or just let them do it on their own? Do you have special rules like no going to friends house on school nites or no video games tv ect?

okmommy08

Asked by okmommy08 at 11:22 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• Our rule is when my son gets home, he gets a snack and gets to just chill out for about 30 minutes. Then we start homework. I will sit down with him, but a lot of the time he does not actually need help with what he is doing. So, I just sit with him while he does it, and if he has a question he asks. Usually, I balance my checkbook or do bills or whatever while we are sitting there, lol.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:52 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My kids have to do thier homework right after snack after school! No exceptions~!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:14 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My dd is in the 11th grade this year. She gets good grades so unless she asks for help she does it on her own. Of course when they were little, we did homework after dinner at the dinning room table and I helped them.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:54 AM on Aug. 16, 2010