how can i get my boyfriend of 15 years to propose to me?

he's asked me to marry him plenty of times over the years but nothing ever comes of it. Then if the conversation comes up he has all this negative stuff coming out of his mouth and he's never been married. He says he loves me and tells me this all the time but 15 years is a long time to waste my time with someone I believe is never going to really and truly commit. Am I being unresonable.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• "Someone I believe is never going to really and truly commit". - your words. So, do you want a commitment? And if you do, and if you believe that you won't get one from him, the real question is "WHY ARE YOU STILL THERE?"

3boysandmekmcd

Answer by 3boysandmekmcd at 11:27 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• No, but I'd leave.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:25 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Sounds like he is just saying that to keep you there. If he was really serious, you wouldn't have to coerce him into it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:25 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I don't think you are being unreasonable at all but I would sit down with him and have the marriage talk. If he is not going to commit then it's probably time to move on.
    Tab2

Answer by Tab2 at 11:28 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Why would you want to get him to do something he obviously does not want to do? If he wanted to, he would have.
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 11:29 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• If he's asked you already several times maybe just tell him you're ready to set a date. So he doesn't have room to just let it drop, give him two or three dates and ask him which one he prefers. Let him know it's important to you.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:30 AM on Aug. 16, 2010