Why has so much attention been payed to Rev. Wright but not Sarah Palin's radical Pastor Ed Kalnins?

Why do you think Obama's connection with Reverend Wright received more negative attentin than Palin's involvement with the Pentecostal pastor Ed Kalnins? Kalnins has extreme views and has said that anyone who criticizes the president is going "straight to hell." He also said in a speech taking about the war that "Jesus called us to die...you can't follow him unless you're willing to give up your life." These are just some of his outrageous statements that sound a lot like the Muslims you all fear. He also thinks Alaska will be a refuge in the "last days." Has he not been criticized because even though we are a secular country, most believe in this stuff?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/02/palins-church-may-have-sh_n_123205.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Because he is black plain and simple
    JrSmOm2005

Answer by JrSmOm2005 at 1:54 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• LOL yeah right. Because he's a douche.
    Anonymous

• That man scares the hell out of me, more than Sarah Palin ever could.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:06 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Because there is so much better dirt on Palin than her preacher.
    Anonymous

• Because Rev. Wright is black.
    bluecrayon

Answer by bluecrayon at 2:55 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• She has not been in that church for many years. I argued over the Rev Wright stuff because I didn't think it had a place. But discussing this issue with people who thought Wright was an issue, they said because he was still active in the church until recently when he left over the issues that were brought. Palin is no longer in that church and hasn't been since 2000, I believe.
    Anonymous

• because he is black. Palin has being a member of a church for six year. she was present when it was said that terrorist attacks on israel was god's punishment on jews for not turning to christianity. and no one seems to care because the mccain campaign said that although she was present at the time she doesn't believe that's true. this is the current church she attends at wasilla.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 3:12 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• It is not the current church she attends. She left the Assembly of God church many years ago and now attends a non-denominational church. I saw interviews with both pastors....the one who said that people will be fleeing to Alaska is in the church she no longer attends. Get real!

Why are we debating this anyway? I never supported any of the attacks regarding Rev Wright in my circles. I thought the people who did were wrong. This is so not useful!
    Anonymous