SMOKING/BREAKING STATE LAW adult content

HI! WHAT DO I DO?? STATE LAW SAYS THAT THERE IS TO BE NO SMOKING INSIDE ANY PUBLIC RESTAURANTS. THERE R PEOPLE THAT SMOKE INSIDE IN THE BREAKROOM AND IN THE CREWROOM.

dancer

Asked by dancer at 11:32 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in

• are u an employee trying to figure out how to report someone? or are u a smoker? i would report it to a manager, unless its the manager doing it then maybe to the owner of the company? and if all else fails to the health department? It doesn't seem fair that some employees can break the law and make other employees feel uncomfortable about the workplace if that is what's going on here...
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 11:34 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Report it to the health department.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 11:35 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• yep health department will do a "surprise" inspection and they will be fined heavily.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:38 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Health department. That is disgusting.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:45 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I would say something to the person who is smoking where it is not allowed.If that doesn't work,than I'd take it up with the manager.Does this place have a designated area for people who do smoke?If it does,maybe this person doesn't know about it.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 12:57 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Why can't you go smoke outside like 100 ft away from the building?

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 2:29 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I would do what the other posters suggested. But beware if it become known that you made the complaint you might have some unhappy coworkers.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:23 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• If you see that happening just don't go back there.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 4:15 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Are you a smoker, or is it bothering you? In Louisiana we haven't been able to smoke inside buildings for the last 2 years. I'm a smoker and it doesn't bother me, I don't smoke in my car or house because of my children. So I was glad that no one can smoke inside buildings anymore as well. You need to speak with upper management.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 4:52 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Is their signage in prominent/visible locations for all to see?!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:44 PM on Aug. 16, 2010