Do you use a lot of paper towel in your home?

I'm trying to cut back, and I use some of the recycled kind too. I used to use kitchen towels but that was when I had a washer/dryer on the premise.

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 11:39 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Food & Drink

• that's all I use for hand washing....cloth just keeps the germs. We have paper towels in every bathroom and the kitchen.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:40 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Yes I do. I have tried other methods to try and cut back, but I think I am a teeny bit germaphobic or something because I dont feel things are clean unless I have a clean paper towel each time. Sorry I dont have a better answer for you, but know you aren't alone! :)
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 11:41 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I'm ashamed to say yes, we go through our fair, we also use paper plates more than I know is right......
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 11:41 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• paper towels go faster than toilet paper in my house lol. im constantly cleaning up some kind of mess that my 2 year old or my husband made lol
    newmommyjazz

Answer by newmommyjazz at 11:42 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• i use paper plates also....as far as the paper towels go. I've only been crazy about them since my daughter came along. i care more about her or us not getting sick than the wasted paper. sorry
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:42 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Yeah we do, mostly to clean up messes. But I will use the same paper towel for several meals unless I'm using finger foods. I try to use a towel for washing my hands, but we still end up going through a lot of paper towels. For awhile it was when we were potty training our son and he was making puddles everywhere. But he's gotten good about going to the potty now, so that probably isn't as much of an issue anymore.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:43 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• We actually do not use a whole lot. We do use them some. But, I use a lot of hand towels & regular dishwashing rags in our kitchen.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:44 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Yes we do...White Cloud Green Earth paper towels is that they come in choose-a-size sheets. That means they are perforated into narrow strips, so you can tear off a narrow towel for a small job, or tear off 2 or 3 together for a larger job. The versatility in sizes is a definite bonus.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 11:44 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I prefer a dish cloth, but that's just me.. DH cant stand using dish clothes and is always after the paper towel..
    Miss.KelliAdams

Answer by Miss.KelliAdams at 11:45 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I use paper towels for cleaning the bathrooms and kitchen. With 5 kids, I always have a lot of messes so I use them for tha as well. My favorite are Viva, I don't use near as many as I do of the cheaper ones.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:51 AM on Aug. 16, 2010