Move or stay?

Move 2000 miles for the one you love or stay put for a great job??? :)

Walker101

Asked by Walker101 at 11:44 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in

• LOVE!!!! Jobs come and go, and can be had again. True love...not so much!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:43 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Can the one you love support you and your child/ren until you find a job or choose to work again? I dont know if I could not move with the one i love just because of a job.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 11:48 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• love
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 12:00 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I moved 1200 miles away when my DH got a job in Texas, giving up a great job that wasn't available in the town we moved to. We had just gotten married, and he would earn twice what I was making. I was eager to leave the south, and I eventually found a new career path.

We moved back 10 years later for his work again, and I lost another job. I was ready for the change and happy to be closer to our families.

We are a team, and I can't see living anywhere long term without him. The decisions we made were based on a number of factors, and he knows there are some places I would not move to, so we do take each other into consideration.

anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:01 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• That all depends.Can he move to where you live?How long have you two been together There are lots of things to consider.If I were you, I'd write down all the pros & cons.He should do it too.Hope this helps!
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 12:51 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I go with love.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:18 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Stay. I'm tired of moving. In the past 16 years, I have moved 13 times. I hate uprooting my family when my husband goes on sea duty because we are basically extra baggage. He's not home half the time we are there.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:59 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Move of course, I don't see any other option.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:22 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Well I stayed behind for love, instead of following my family not so much a job. But that was the wrong choice lol so I would choose JOB
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 2:28 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Its great to see so many different reactions. Helps me to know there is no clear line on this one. I love my job and I've been here all my life. We've been best friends for 10 years and have decided to take that leap. But he lives in NY and I live out west. He can support us with no problem. I will also bring in money without working as well. Plus I have a ton of family less than 30 minutes away so its not like I'd be moving where I had no one. It won't be till next summer because of the school issues and I want a few more things ironed out but it sounds like I'm leaning that way. And he can't come here because his job won't transfer since its with the state and child custody won't allow it.
    Walker101

Comment by Walker101 (original poster) at 3:59 PM on Aug. 16, 2010