do i deserve to be happy?

so much shit has been going on. I havn't been happy in years, I hate my husband with a passion, i can't stand to look at him. He has treated me an my kids so bad, but it's like I can't get away from him. I guess im stuck. The ony thing worth living for is my childern, i love them so much.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• yes, and you are not stuck.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:49 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Yes and you're not stuck. If you want a change then make it happen.
    Tab2

Answer by Tab2 at 11:50 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• why are you stuck, there are always options and i reccomend seeing a therapist to help you figure out what you need to be happy again.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 11:51 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• you can seek help in the strangest of places...the doctors office, the school nurse at ur kids' school...tons of people are out there waiting to help women in ur situation :)
    Walker101

Answer by Walker101 at 11:53 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• You need a game plan so you can get out of your situation. You deserve to be happy and lve you life doing what you enjoy most. You can still love your children and be the person you want to be and pursue your goals and dreams.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 11:54 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Nobody deserves happiness if it has to come through the hands of someone else. Happiness is a choice and it comes from within the person. No wonder you hate your husband if you have decided that it is his responsibility to make you happy. True happiness comes from what we give away and not from what we get, so it is little wonder that you are unhappy when you have decided to give away hatred. If you would start doing and saying loving things to your husband, your happiness level would greatly increase in a very short amount of time, but there again, that's your choice. As long as you choose to feel slighted and unhappy, that's exactly how you will feel. The bonus for doing and saying loving things might also be that you would see changes in your husband.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:55 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• You're not stuck if you don't want to be. If you're not happy, your kids are picking up on that at some level. IMO, we don't do our kids any favors by living in a loveless, unhappy marriage. It's hard to start again, but so very worth it.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:57 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• It took me years to get rid of my x but I was glad I kept trying. I'm very happy now. If you want happiness bad enough then you will keep striving for it. Keep remembering what you are teaching your children - that his behavior is acceptable and that they don't deserve to be treated better. Maybe that will help you stay strong. Show them that it's wrong to let someone do that to you. Show them that they matter. You don't want them stuck with someone in life who treats them badly bc mom did it so it must be the right thing to do. I got my kids out and told them they were the reason I left. They deserved better and to never let a man treat them badly. I'm thrilled that they listened to me and have men who respect them. Good luck.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:06 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Of course you deserve to be happy, and so do your kids. You're not stuck; there's always a way out. Take the first step.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:09 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Well, if you're stuck then don't complain and deal with it! If you want to be happy, then do something about it. I hate it when a woman lets a man determine whether your happy or not. And just loving the kids isn't going to mask your disgust for your husband either. Did you hate your husband enough to have not one but several kids with him? And if you hate him so much, why are you still with him? Is it money or does he have dirt on you like a politician? It's simple, if you don't like your life and YOU don't do something about it, who will? Or is it just easier to sit back and be lazy and complain about it? Really! What have you done today to make your life and more importantly, a better environment for your kids?...I hope this is a wake up call to reality cause life is way too short to be unhappy! Good luck!
    NikkiVan1

Answer by NikkiVan1 at 12:12 PM on Aug. 16, 2010