What should I do?

So all weekend i've been getting dizzy on and off, (i'm 26weeks pregnant with my second) and (TMI) been having alot of vaginal discharge and pain while peeing, and just feeling icky. I'm geetting a crampy like feeling in my lower belly. I dont remember this happening with my 1st daughters pregnancy.. any advice as what i should do? or what it could be, anybody else have anything like this?? I did call my ob but had to leave a message, I just dont want to go to l&d if its not needed. Any advice???

momof2grlz10

Asked by momof2grlz10 at 12:06 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• thats a UTI. See your doc ASAP

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:08 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• call again
    or call nurse on call for this office if you get answering machine a 2nd time
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:10 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Yes, please call your Dr to be checked for an UTI
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:11 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Yea it could definitly be an infection, I had one when I was pregnant with my first daughter. It doesn't mean your dirty, your just more suseptable to getting infections.. Call your doctor, she give you a vaginal medication. Good luck :)
    inezmm2000

Answer by inezmm2000 at 12:14 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Oh, I'm sorry! That sounds exactly like a urinary tract infection; I had a very serious one when I was pregnant. You should go to the doc ASAP. The longer you wait the worse it will get, and its not fun at all to be sick and pregnant! Hope you feel better :)
    s.gerhold0513

Answer by s.gerhold0513 at 12:15 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I called l&d since i couldnt get ahold of the doc and they said it sounds like a uti, looks like i have to go to the l&d to get checked because i can't get into my doc today... Thanks ladies for the advice!!!!!
    momof2grlz10

Comment by momof2grlz10 (original poster) at 12:19 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I agree with those above. You can also drink cranberry juice (without added sugar) or take cranberry pills. They help UTI's a lot! I used to get them a lot when I was pregnant and antibiotics have some very negative effects on me so I would get a jug of cranberry juice and sit down and drink it all in an hour or less. You could also be dehydrated so make sure you are drinking a lot of water and stay cool. Even if you drink the cranberry juice go see your doctor. *hugs* it'll be alright.
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 12:19 PM on Aug. 16, 2010