Birthday gifts.

I am turning 40 in a couple of weeks and my husband keeps asking me what I want and what do I want to do. I honestly don't have a clue. If you are asked this what would your answers be?

mommy2each

Asked by mommy2each at 12:16 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• A VACATION!!! Haha. Maybe a day at the spa with a friend, he could watch the kids for you. And diamonds are always nice :)
    If your looking to go cheap, there's always lunch and a walk in the park with an old friend.
    OR you could take the kids bowling or to putt-putt, or something fun for them, too.
    s.gerhold0513

Answer by s.gerhold0513 at 12:23 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Time without the kids.

We never go anywhere without the kids. I would want a fancy dinner out - fancy for me is Stoney River Steakhouse - and then just some us time. See a movie, take a walk, shoot some pool.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 12:18 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Go to sonoma, go on a quilting retreat. Do fun stuff that makes me smarter and have great memories.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:19 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• right now i have been itching to get a new tattoo. something pretty with my daughters name incoperated. other than that, i dunno. i am the same way. i never know what to tell people to get me.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 12:19 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• a pretty piece of jewelry with my birthstone. maybe earrings or pendant? peridot for august, sapphire for september. I just like going out for a nice dinner. happy 40th!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:20 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• For me it would be more about stress-free time than about a physical gift. I'd love someone else to plan something and take care of ALL the details. It could be a meal out or a mini vacation - I don't care as long as I don't have to be the one making all the decisions and making sure everything gets done.

If it has to be a physical gift, then I'd go with a piece of furniture (I'm not a jewlery person). If there's not something specific you want maybe point him in the general direction and tell him you want it to be a surprise.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:40 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

TweenAndTwinMom

• oops! Not sure why that posted twice!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:41 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Last year I wanted a video camera. This year probably money for new clothes. Typically we go out to eat at The Melting Pot, which is my favorite restaurant but it's pricey so we only go once or twice a year.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:22 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• We took a family weekend trip to Washington on my 40th. It was nice to get away with them. You could just go for dinner and a movie. I would love that.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:46 PM on Aug. 16, 2010