would you travel out of the country alone? what would be your biggest fear of traveling alone?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 12:19 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Travel

• Yes, but only if it were for business. My biggest worry would be getting stranded or lost and having no one to call, especially if English was not the native language.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:21 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I would travel to any European country alone, as well as Canada, and a few Central and South American countries. Anything other than that, I would have to really think about it and study some of the cultures and languages before I went. I have traveled to several countries and can find my way around pretty well. My biggest concern would be not knowing certain customs, traditions, and language, if I didn't have enough time to prepare.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:48 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I probably would not travel alone. I am too trusting of people, and I fear that would get me into trouble.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 12:55 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Yes I would. I would take a week to myself and go back to Italy. I'm familiar with several places and I would love to stay in Sorrento or somewhere along the Amalfi Coast. I know the roads. I know the Autostrada and Tangenziale. I've even gone so far as to price how much it would be for room, flight, and car rental.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:01 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I have and would travel alone. I've been to Portual, Kenya and Israel on my own. I would go again, but traveling with my DH is so much nicer for me.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:11 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• The only time I've traveled alone is when I moved from Canada to England.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:01 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I have traveled through Spain and England alone. When you travel, you meet people.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:19 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• No, I wouldn't travel to any country alone. If I had to do it as part of business (which wouldn't happen with my position), I would request that I be partnered with someone. As for leisure, absolutely not, I want the company of my family.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 8:23 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• nope never
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:40 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I never travel alone...
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:04 PM on Aug. 28, 2010