• In the Spotlight:

What do you think od McChrystal's new job?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20100816/pl_politico/41101

Gen. Stanley McChrystal, who was forced to retire in July after an embarrassing Rolling Stone article quoted him and his staff making disparaging remarks about top White House officials, is taking a job at Yale, POLITICO has learned.

McChrystal will teach grad students a course in leadership at the Jackson Institute for Global Affairs in New Haven, which is opening this fall. He’ll be in good company: McChrystal will join John Negroponte, the former U.S. ambassador and former deputy secretary of state, as well as former Mexican President Ernesto Zedillo at the institute.

McChrystal had been considering a number of opportunities from a wide range of places, from large corporations to nongovernmental organizations and even some wounded warrior groups seeking his leadership, sources said. And he will undoubtedly have a future on the speaker’s circuit.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 12:21 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think his behavior was intentional. Didn't want his name connected to that farce and in the process, has secured a well paying (I'm sure) private section job. Smart move-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:55 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Someone was gonna snap him up.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:54 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• What do I think? McChrystal isn't the worry of the US taxpayers anymore. He is free to do his own thing...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:30 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• As far as worrying that we are no longer using our tax dollars on him, he will continue to draw a pension from the military and health care benefits.

Yes, but his 20 years of service got him appointed by Obama... His 20 years of experience and dedication to the US military was NOT what lost him his job...  It was the words of his aides to the likes of Rolling Stone.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:16 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I guess his students will be well taught. Anyone who is offered a whole host of jobs and picks teaching must be good for it. He will probably be making more money than he did working for our Government
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:59 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• What do you want us to think????
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:28 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Excellent !!

Given the insane pressures of handling the war in impossible Afghanistan, he has unparallelled experience to offer !
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 12:31 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I'm surprised that was his first job post retirement. I honestly thought he would be a panelist on a Sunday morning news show or a "military analyst" on a cable news show. As far as worrying that we are no longer using our tax dollars on him, he will continue to draw a pension from the military and health care benefits.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:12 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• True grly..very true.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:22 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I think that to say he was the architect behind the Pat Tillman scandal is unfair. He had a hand in the cover up, but I am sorry, that was executive planning. Pentagon and stuff.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 3:01 PM on Aug. 16, 2010